Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DrayTek Vigor 2750n - Setup

MathewRB
Grafter

DrayTek Vigor 2750n - Setup

Hi,
I have a Draytek 2750n router which I have installed and have running however I have a few questions.
If I power off the router and switch back on it can take 3-7min to reconnect to the exchange is this normal?
I have also noticed a slight drop in speed
Using kit supplied via BT and Plusnet
Down 72meg
Up 16meg
Using Draytek
Down 65meg
Up 8meg
Is this change in speed normal once you have move away from the original kit or have I got some of the settings incorrect. I have attached some screen shots of the setting.
Look forward to hearing from you.
8 REPLIES 8
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DrayTek Vigor 2750n - Setup

Hi MathewRB - Welcome to the forum  Smiley
The 3-7 min connection time is entirely normal I'm afraid.  It's the time taken for PlusNet to clear down the previous session.
Regarding the router - Which version of firmware are you running and do you have any bandwidth management settings?  The upload speed looks more than 'a slight drop' to me...
MathewRB
Grafter

Hi,
Sorry forgot to mention the firmware I use is 1.5.2
I would agree with the upload speed is the one that concerns me. However at least knowing the connection time is normal I can tick that off my list  Smiley
There is a Bandwidth management section on the firmware however this is disabled.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

The 3-7 min connection time is entirely normal I'm afraid.  It's the time taken for PlusNet to clear down the previous session.

That doesn't happen with my Asus RT-N56U. It always reconnects well inside 2 minutes, often less than 1. My PN supplied Technicolour router used to take up to 10 minutes.
MathewRB
Grafter

That doesn't happen with my Asus RT-N56U. It always reconnects well inside 2 minutes, often less than 1. My PN supplied Technicolour router used to take up to 10 minutes.

Interesting!!
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There's a previous thread discussing the timeout issue:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114808.0.html
Suffice to say that your speed issue is not related to the timeout/slow connect problem...
MathewRB
Grafter

OK so the time out issues are being looked into.
What about the speed issues Iam having?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I can see you called our support team about that one and they've advised of some tests to run? If those tests show the same issue apparent you can raise it to us as a fault at http://faults.plus.net which will raise a ticket through to our faults team. They'll get on and investigate it for you.
MathewRB
Grafter

Hi,
Ok I have now switched back to my standard BT / Plusnet kit and my speed has increased not so much on the download but the upload is back to 17meg take alook

So in my mind this would confirm there is no issue with the line keep in mind the download speed is a little slow! Should be 72meg
Which would point at my Draytek Router as the problem so is it faulty or have I not set it up correctly?
Can anyone help?