cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream Sync Speed dropped from 80Mbps to 74Mbps

bgdnb

Downstream Sync Speed dropped from 80Mbps to 74Mbps

Hi,

I have gone on holiday for a week. Since I've come back, I've noticed downstream sync speed has dropped by 6Mbps. I used to download files at about 9.3MB/s and now It's dropped to 7.4MB/s tops.

I use BT Smart Hub 6. 

I have tried factory resetting my Smart Hub, as well as plugging in Plusnet Hub. Downstream Sync Speed is not affected by the router or settings I use.

Thanks for help,

Hubert

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Downstream Sync Speed dropped from 80Mbps to 74Mbps

Hey there, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear that you've come back to lower sync speeds on the line. Looking into this, the line looks to be banded at 74Mbps. 

In normal circumstances, we'd raise a request to have the line un-banded, though in this case, and as per the image I'll pop below, it's clear that DLM has banded the line due to numerous disconnections over the last few days, hoping to improve stability. Therefore, the banding is only a symptom of the disconnections, which ought to be addressed first. 

Going forward, please have a read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to resolve the issue sooner. When testing, please remove the faceplate from your Master Socket, and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Avoid using any extension cables / sockets too if possible. 

Troubleshooting Guide - https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

See how you get on for a day or two while connected through the test socket, and if things don't improve, please let us know and we'll get this raised with Openreach, and arrange an engineer visit. 

Once we eliminate the disconnections, we#;; be more than happy to then raise a DLM reset with our suppliers to un-band the line, if DLM doesn't beat us to it. 

Capture.PNG

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
bgdnb

Hi,

Router has been plugged into the test socket for a few days now and still no change; downstream sync speed still at 74mbps.

Can we request DLM reset straight away? I think what has happened is whilst I was on holiday, electricity has been cut off for essential works in the building I live in and that has caused my BT hub to switch off and reset the domain to native BT services rather than plusdsl.net

When I came back I had to reconnect to plusdsl via settings on the router because I've had no connection whatsoever - the router has reset it's settings due to electricity cut I've mentioned above.

Thanks,
Hubert
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us. I've just checked the line and can see that the disconnections have reduced quite a bit, so we've gone ahead and requested a DLM reset on the line. This should complete within the next 3 working days. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds