cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream SNR and more poor customer support

JamesK
Dabbler

Downstream SNR and more poor customer support

I'm not sure whether BT's exchanges have become a little over confident but I've now had the same problem on 2 separate lines on different exchanges in the last couple of months. Basically in both cases the downstream SNR drops to very low levels which is great in so much as the speed increases (from 3.8 to 5.2mbs on my line!) however not so great in so much as the line becomes VERY unstable. In the first case Plusnet had a BT engineer attend who simply fixed the downstream SNR to 11db  which almost instantly stabilised the line. In my case I eventually got through to someone at Plusnet who managed to do this for me in about 30 mins.
Now the big problem I have with Plusnet support is that a week ago I reported that the same problem had recurred on my line, the downstream SNR had returned to 6db and my line speed was up to 5.1mbs again however try as I might all I get is people telling me it will take 72 hours to refer the fault and then e-mail's telling me my fault has been resolved when it clearly hasn't. In this case I am telling Plusnet what needs to be done and how it was resolved before however the customer service staff don't seem to be looking back to the previous issue. How can Plusnet think that it is acceptable to tell a customer, after a week of doing nothing that they will have to wait for another 72 hours?
I have recommended Plusnet to numerous people over the years and stuck with them even through the bad times however the lack of support is starting to get frustrating. I do fear that BT's ownership might be starting to have an impact.  Cry
10 REPLIES 10
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Downstream SNR and more poor customer support

You've definitely done the right thing posting here, im sure one of the digicare members of staff will pick this up in the morning and see what they can do for you.
do fear that BT's ownership might be starting to have an impact.  

The only impact I can see BT's ownership has had, is that PN has become popular and much more mainstream.... Much more customers = much more strain on support, Plusnet go through 'growing pains' quite often tho, seems that they always grow much quicker than anticipated!  Grin
Regards
ad1mcb
Dabbler

Matt
You're wrong.What it should be is "Much more customers = much more support". If BT are making more money they should invest in more staff.It's not as there is a shortage of willing applicants.
Also using a smiley face when someone is going through a frustrating time is far from appropriate! 
matt_2k34
Grafter

Recruitment pages
If you look, they're recruiting practically all frontline staff positions.

erm...
Quote from: Matt_2k34
Plusnet go through 'growing pains' quite often tho, seems that they always grow much quicker than anticipated!  Grin

Quote from: ad1mcb
Also using a smiley face when someone is going through a frustrating time is far from appropriate! 

errr, What?  Lips_are_sealed
reading it in context, and you'll see the " ;D" is in reference to how quickly Plusnet grows, they seem to have growth 'spurts' and its when they're gaining customers this fast that obviously theres going to be issues (like running out of stock temporarily of routers, etc..) Growing pains are a PITA, however its still *good* in my opinion as it shows that PN is growing in customer numbers, which means more money, which means more investment, which  means a better deal for joe-bloggs customer.

As I've said, someone will be along in the morning to pick this up and it should be a relatively straight forward thing for them to pick up on... With the type of problem you had, you'd of probably been better coming to the forums first time, where someone would of read over your post, then sorted it there and then, rather than the request being read through by several people of different teams until smoeone in the correct team reads it (and may misread, or not read back all the notes)
Regards
P.S. I Can't help being a smiley kinda guy..  Undecided
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ad1mcb,
I've been looking at your fault ticket and the last comment on it was a fault agent who sent it back on the 25/10 saying we believe it to be resolved. If you reply to this with your current issues I can make sure it's picked up.
Jojo Smiley
JamesK
Dabbler

Hey what about my fault, I did start this thread after all!
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JamesK,
Sorry about that. I'll look into that now.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JamesK,,
Is the account you're referring to different to the one linked to your community site one, as I can't see anything on that one?
Jojo Smiley
ad1mcb
Dabbler

Dear Joanne
My net speed was OK for a few weeks.Unfortunately it was another horror show last night-0.2MBps (should be getting a min of 5) with the net completely dropping out at some points.I also have a crackly line which I assume is connected.
Last time it was a fault with the BT line. I assume the fault has returned.I would appreciate it if you would check for me.
Thanks 
JamesK
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi JamesK,,
Is the account you're referring to different to the one linked to your community site one, as I can't see anything on that one?
Jojo Smiley

I've no idea which account is linked to my forum one, probably one of the past ones I've managed. Anyway my ticket ID is 48331945 and if you look back on my account you'll see I've had quite a few issues with this.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JamesK,
I see we've asked our suppliers to apply a target SNR of 9dB, I'll see if I can get an update on that for you.
Jojo Smiley