cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Itunes

chrispook

Downloading Itunes

Hello all,

I am currently trying to download itunes to a new computer, I go to the download itunes page and click to download, the file starts downloading a good pace then at around 50 - 60 meg (the file is 169meg) the time to finish goes from 2 minutes to 1 hour then nothing and the next message is network error. I've had the same error 5 times now? I cant think that this is an apple issue and wondered if there is a download limit on plusnet? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Downloading Itunes

Welcome to the forums!

Don't think it's a download limit on Plusnet - I regularly download files of 250-300MB with no problem.

What is your connection ASDL or FTTC and whats your connection speed?

I would try it for you, but I'm not letting Itunes anywhere near my laptop - sorry.Smiley

John
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Hi

Just tried the download and came down in about 15 seconds, so "Link" wise it was ok. Have you tried with a different browser just in case there is something in your cache that is causing a problem?

Rsebrie
Grafter

Strangely enough, I too have experienced this.

Im new to PlusNet, and one of the first things I had to do when getting back online was to get iTunes on my PC.

I had to pause and restart the download several times for it to work. I must admit, I haven't seen this behaviour with any other download. Just iTunes.

Wonder what's causing it? American IP6 to UK ASDL2? I don't know. But so far it seems to be just iTunes from Apple.com that doesn't want to play ball.

chrispook

I'm not sure, I tried different browsers and also in private and incognito mode always with the same results. I tried it the following morning and had no joy, I then took my laptop to work and it downloaded no problems. Very strange. 

Rsebrie
Grafter

I know right? Cheesy

What's up with that? Shocked I've been using the internet since it was bulletin board on dial up. Crickey I'm still quite fond of  Netscape, and yet in all my years I've not seen anything like this before.Ticked_off

I was considering purchasing Internet Download Manager, just to see what It makes of all this. But then I found out my lifetime license isn't actually a lifetime license Buck2 and is only 3 years. So as they don't understand what lifetime means Roll_eyes I'm giving that software a miss. I've been burned too many times and for too much money, to buy something now, especially software, without reading up on its first. Ticked_off

But his is a strange one if you ask me. It's obviously something at Apple's end saying nope basically. They are all on HTML5 and IP6, and we are all on ASDL2 if we are lucky. So I'm sure its actually clashing somehow. Like Apple isn't actually initialising the download at their end as they think perhaps its just a bot attempting to grab what it can. To download iTunes, I found the only way was to use the dreaded IE and pause and resume the download every time it stalls as otherwise it will just time out. Shocked

If any other member's here are wondering what we are talking about. Go to Apple.com and try to download iTunes and see what happens. If your set up is like mine (PlusNet) you will be waiting a very long time..Ticked_offCrazy3

I really don't have any other idea's what could be causing it, so I hope some Mod or Tech savvy individual comes and says what it is. Apart from iTunes, I have not experienced anything else strange with PlusNet apart from my speeds are well in excess of what they quoted me. But I'm not going to complain about that. Smiley

Kudos, to the original poster, Thumbs_Up I know it's only a trivial thing, but it's the trivial things that matter.