Did you mean: 

Download speeds down to 180kb

FIXED
spadger023
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Download speeds down to 180kb

Hi.

My download speeds have never been above 1.5mb, which isn't great anyways, but today I find my speeds are down to 180kb!

Any chance the line can be sorted out so I can use the netagain ?

Many thanks,

Oh, and we've swapped routers, we've tried new filters, we've reset routers, we've tried the test socket. Pretty much done everything we've been told to do in the FAQ's.

Can't find anything about any service being carried out in my area, SO50, so would be brill to get some sort of internet back, even if the download speeds are a lowly 1.3-1.5mb

12 REPLIES 12
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Download speeds down to 180kb

Check phone by plugging into Master Socket; if noisy, that'll destroy ADSL.
If so report as phone fault using relevant links below.
spadger023
Dabbler

That was a total waste of time. There is nothing wrong with anything in my property. I had this issue last year and you fixed it your end, so do that now. I am totaly fed up with Plusnet not owning the issue and not doing something about it.

I have to go to work now. I expect the issue to be bloody well fixed. what the hell do I pay you people for eh?

SORT IT OUT!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Atitude like that to a fellow customer who was trying to help is not going to help is it?His advice was spot on, and is the very first thing you should have checked.

Why not repost a fauly?

spadger023
Dabbler

Can't find anywhere on this forum to do that.

And how am I supposed to know the person is a customer.

others post to the adsl forum and get help from the plusnet people but not me. It's not acceptable and I am fed up being fobbed off with this stupid info which I already said I had done.

Can't even use their online chat system because it isn't working.

So don't get all high and mighty with me ,

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

BD a staff member gave you a link to report faults in your thread from last year - you never bothered to reply then.

https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/My-download-speess-are-barely-above-120kb-s/m-p/1633479...

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @spadger023

I am sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband.

If you haven't already done so, I would first advise having a run through our troubleshooting steps here and getting your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here.

If the issues then persist, please log a fault with us and if you let us know once done, we can investigate further.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
spadger023
Dabbler

BT say this problem is not going to be fixed until at least the 5th. Wouldn't it be a good idea to at least acknowledge there is an actual problem rather than burying hread in sand and hoping I'll go away?

If what BT have said is true then this should be put on the plusnet site for all to see, sending me to a generic page sayng everything it green is a lie.

Plus I am unable to carry  out my work etc properly due to your speeds being down to 52k now. What gives?

spadger023
Dabbler

Thats because we spoke off the forums instead.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we only publish faults on service status that affect a large proportion of our customers in total so you'd only see such issues on there if they're relevant. 

We've replied back to the fault ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=198589756

Please take a look and let us know when you've responded. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
spadger023
Dabbler

As your webchat has been down for ages now I can't reply via that, and being in a noisy busy household phoning you is impractcal.

So anwsering here even though you have told me to respond elsewhere.

I have again done all the checks you asked. The speed was about 1.2mb download for past couple days, and totday is now hovering at or below 700kb/s As equipment isn't an issue and as you've stated there have been 17 disconnects in the last 24 hours it would seem there is an issue at your end or with the BT line. As it's not our fault I feel you should sort this out, we refuse to pay for an engineer as we are not at fault.

The line is clear, we have no intereference from that. The equipment we had to buy to do the tests you asked is not at fault, the microfilters are brand new and again not at fault.

We'd really like this issue sorted as this happened in April 2019, and it turned out to be an issue at your end again, so please reset the line and start again please,.

spadger023
Dabbler

Fix

Well apparently BT have issues in the area (023) and they beleive that this should be sorted out on the 6th of feb. Hopefully that will resolve the issues with Plusnet not working correctly as at the moment my speeds are down again to 250kb/s. Something about possible damage to some cabling which may have affected this area as well. Be interested to see if this resolves the issue, otherwise we'll probably havre to leave plusnet and choose another provider.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear you've got some more info on the issue, feel free to check back in with tomorrow if the issue remains and we can go from there.

Thanks.