cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed getting slower as time goes by.....

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Download speed getting slower as time goes by.....

I had some problems in june with my upload and download speed dropping dramatically. Then I did resync my router and the problem was solved for a few days, but since my speeds had dropped again, and today I have resync my router again, making sure to disconnect before turning off my router, and I have changed the filter, it did solve my upload problem but my download speed is staying low.
I used to have 3MB download speed, and with my upload speed capped at 0.448MB, normally I get around 0.350MB.
Now I have a download speed of about 2.3MB, and my upload has gone up to about 0.350MB again.
I am using speedtest.net as a guide, as I cannot use the BT speedtest, after testing the upload, it just freezes and then shows an error has occurred. I have been trying for days to use it, but to no vail.
Following what I saw before, speedtest.net was always showing a higher speed than the BT speedtest, so if speedtest.net is showing a speed of 2.3MB, it is possible that the BT speedtest would show a speed of  around 2MB. All I know is that I tried to watch something on iplayer, and it was playing up, it was nearly unwatchable.
So much to have capped my upload speed to stabilise my download speed, it is going down further and further. What is causing this?
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Download speed getting slower as time goes by.....

Hi Lolaan,
I've just ran some tests and your current sync rate of 3648k should produce a profile of 3218k but the BT system still has it as 2597k, so that's why you're getting those speeds. You'll need to raise a fault to get this fixed. Quote this reply in your comments on the fault so they know what's going on.
Jojo Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

You missing us already Jojo  Wink
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Jojo, will do  Smiley