Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download fault

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Download fault

To double filter just piggyback one into the phone socket of another, then plug those into the socket and the fax into the remaining phone socket. You won't be able to use the DSL socket on the piggybacked filter but I'm guessing those are plugged elsewhere than the router is so that shouldn't be a problem?
Lorenzo48
Grafter

No all items are on my office desk and go into a wall socket through 1 filter.
Phone fax into the line side
Router into the DSL side
I'll try 2 filters but the netgear is not dropping (except for once at 2am ish) so have to assume (at this stage) that I had 2 faulty modem/routers.
If you can see other drops yesterday evening I was swapping them over to do tests for dreytek.
Hoping the dreytek people can give me a fix. The firware disagreement was a typing error so is fine, it's at the latest but the system falling over while ppp stays connected - well it slows to a crawl hence the 128kbps results (which they say is impossible) I have sent them a screen shot of so hopefully I'll get an answer back today.
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Ok, seem to have a faulty brand new router (or two)
Old netgear seems fine but still dropping 2am-3am each night when not in use. Anything to worry about? Is that ususual?
Do I need to adjust a setting ?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Lorenzo48
Old netgear seems fine but still dropping 2am-3am each night when not in use. Anything to worry about?

Yes, if the DLM system sees this as a line fault.
Is that unusual?

Yes.  I have a Netgear router and it usually goes hundreds of hours between disconnects.
Do I need to adjust a setting ?

I would not have thought so.  You could try resetting the router to its default settings (remembering to re-enter your Plusnet User name and password afterwards).
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Finally got it all sorted so thought I'd update the ticket/forum although ticket closed itself - sorry.
Thanks for the help Ben and Matt.
I will summerise to save you reading the whole thread.
D-link wireless router fails
Plug in basic plus net supplied modem and order new draytek wireless router (brilliant reviews - very reliable blah blah blah)
Having a few issues, assume old modem is not up to it.
Receive new draytek, loads of disconnects bad download speed etc.
Report fault, swap between modem and router to test, issues with both.
BT Say no line fault.......Hmmmmmmmm
Find old netgear DG834 after a few disconnects as above eventually stablises and runs over 100 hours.
Draytek refuse to accept their router is faulty - plusnet say no fault and BT say no fault.  Crazy
Order Brand New Netgear DGND3300 and works like a charm. Lovely bit of kit.
Threatened Draytek supplier with credit card chargeback action after they told me to sort with draytek direct, I don't think so Mr Sale of Goods act  Grin and got a returns authorisation...........phew
So what was that? About a month to work out I had 2 (or was it 3) pieces of kit.  Roll_eyes
I had assumed checking 2 pieces of kit would cover it off as a line fault - WRONG!
Keep hold of older routers for fault checking - I recommend at least 3  Cheesy
jswift909
Grafter

"order new draytek wireless router (brilliant reviews - very reliable blah blah blah)"
Be interested to know what model you had problems with.  thanks.
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Vigor 2710n
It may well be an excellent router but mine didn't work so didn't want to risk another.
They seemed happy to get me to do weeks of testing rather than keep a customer and offer me a swap. Got my refund today after testing so it appears it was indeed faulty.
I gave them screen prints of the fault in action and they e-mailed me back to say the fault I showed was "Impossible"  Undecided
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/awards.html