cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download better again!

exporters
Grafter

Download better again!

After 3.5 nudging to 4 megs download about 10 days ago, it all fell back. At that time PN & BT IP profiles showed 4000.  Ticket open [ID: 31200280] & no complaint with the tech. guys.  Situation seems to be improving:-
- I'm told that intermittent disconnections is my prob, although I was not aware of any.
- interleaving will be switched on [IS IT?]
- my SNR starts the day high [16] gradually drops through the day to 8/9
- this morning BT speedtester is back to IP profile 4000; had dropped back to 2500 earlier in the week
- PN is showing 3000
- D'loads @ present show BT 2.6, Speedtest 2.68, My b'band 2.68 Mb/s
Can someone please nudge the PN line speed and can anything be done about my SNR - hopefully stability & joy will be the Christmas present from PN
Many thanks, Ian
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Download better again!

Hi Ian,
I've updated that for you now, here's hoping it either stays stable or improves for you.
exporters
Grafter

Matt, thank you for such a speedy response. Much appreciated - I'll await & see.
Ian
exporters
Grafter

For information, downloads have shot up significantly and indicate 3.2, 3.5 & 3.8 Mb/s using three different sources.
Grateful.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good to hear, hope it stays like that now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
exporters
Grafter

Well, no it unfortunately stayed like that for 12 hrs and is now back down to 2.5 or less, from 3.5 downloads.  Conversely BT IP is back to 3000 from 4000.  I see Support's interleaving has tripped in, following their comment 'very high number of disconnections' & 'your connection is quite erratic'.
Q. both [desk & l'top] our computers are in use throughout the day, line connection to modem/router is direct to master BT & we have not disconnected.  So, what could be causing the disconnections?  A minefield, I suspect!
exporters
Grafter

Just an update on my 'very high disconnections' problem, which persistently has affected stability and download speeds. 
Good help from Tech Support.  Faulty modem/router identified - now replaced my Belkin N+ modem/router [new earlier in July] with the PN Thomson.  Hey presto, PN tell me connection stability OK.  Will now await to see now how down/loads improve & stabilise. 
Lesson for me, don't place one's faith in bits of kit, even if they are new!