cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed related to portal current line speed

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Download Speed related to portal current line speed

>> everything looked fine..... /snip/ .... I think it just took it's time updating.
Cheers Chris.  Thats good to know that its finally sorted Smiley

>> Stuck IP Profiles seem to be a thing of 20CN (they used to stick at 2000 - not sure if you remember)

Oh by god I sure do..  ask James if you ever see him lol.    Roll_eyes
One of the contributing reasons why I left PN & went LLU.  I was sick to the back teeth of 2Mb on a 7dB atten line every time I did a resync.

>>> they are generally sound on 21C

Yes I thought they were, hence specifically  the term "some sort of stuck IPprofile" rather than a definite stuck profile.  I thought it would perhaps be the easiest way to explain it rather than going into depth.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: tonyappuk
It would also be doubtful that the router would remain in sync when the SNRM drops to less than 3dBs

Tony,
For the record, my tg582n does a dammed good job of keeping on trucking down at 2.2dB.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tonyappuk
Dabbler

Chris
Sorry to have to continue with this thread but nothing has changed. PN's line speed still says 10.2Mb (as it had for some weeks before my initial posting about this anomoly), my sync rate is still 11.6Mb (for the last eleven days) and my apparently limited download throughput is about 7.35Mb. BT still says my profile is 6.5Mb. Would you mind looking into this again, please?
Tony
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Tony,
I've just tried to nudge a few profiles with our suppliers, can you give that an hour or so and let me know if you see an improvement please?
tonyappuk
Dabbler

Chris
Just run the BTW performance test and nothing's changed. NetMeter download speed is 7.35Mb and BT's profile is 6.5 Mb. The throughput speed according to BT is 7.05Mb which allowing for overheads as suggested by Kitz maybe ties up with 7.35 Mb.
Tony
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tony,
I've just had a chat with our suppliers again and we hope to have resolved it this time. Can you let me know if that's made a different at all?
tonyappuk
Dabbler

Chris
That's better! BT Profile 10.46 Mb, throughput 9.69 Mb. Thanks very much and I hope it lasts.
Tony
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Townman
... these stats tell a colourful story.
The crunch however is the 6.5Mbps BT profile (that which limits the DSLAM) - which is not too different from your speed test results.
In conclusion, the BT Profile is wrong - I do not know why, I've seen this recently on another user's thread and it required DCT to do some deep poking in BTOR's backend systems.

Tony,
Great news - good to confirm that it was a stuck profile in BT's systems.  I hope that your internet experience remains trouble free and that you'll stay around the forums.
Good luck,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kitz
Aspiring Pro

good to confirm that it was a stuck profile in BT's systems.

So thats both me and Townsman that thought it would be "some sort of" stuck profile. 
I've just had a chat with our suppliers again and we hope to have resolved it this time.

Glad that it eventually got fixed for tony..  even though it did take a few attempts.
Do you happen to know what the problem was Chris..  because like Townsman I too have seen this happen before on 21CN systems.
I do know that one of the other areas which tend to get stuck is when a line gets profiled (through poor performance), and it isnt always obvious to even the ISPs...  but afaik that tends to happen at say 2Mb etc.
Tony's seemed to get stuck at say adsl1 rather than the full whack adsl2.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've not found out the root cause, but it's something I'm waiting on from BTW.
We're having problems viewing the CVLAN Rate at the moment on our suppliers systems which makes it even more difficult!