cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed of 0.28

StrohRum

Download Speed of 0.28

Hi,
Basically I am having a speed issue with my broad band and was wondering if anyone had any other ideas that I may have missed or any tests I can run.
I do have a ticket open with PN but in the mean time would be grateful for any other suggestions.
Sunday 20 May
Noticed Broadband was incredibly sluggish and slow, thought could be a blip so decided to wait 24 hours
Router was reporting my download stream speed was 283kbps
Monday 21 May
Still slow, did some speed checks, downstream reported as 283kbps, so I logged a ticket with PN
(NB: I tested this with 2 Routers, my Net gear as well as my Standard Issue Thomson, also tried 2 different phone sockets as well a different filter and telephone wire)
Wednesday 22 May
PN Contacted me to say they need to send an engineer out and one is available on 23 May, quite impressed one was available so soon
Thursday 23 May
The engineer arrived and did his work at my house/exchange (I was at work, but my wife was there), he told her the problem was fixed and left.
When I got home I noticed the net was still incredibly slow.
My router now reports a correct downstream speed of +-6mb
However when performing speed checks, i am still consistently getting results of around 283kbps.
I repeated my tests with two different routers, same slow result. I tested via Wired LAN
I have updated PN that it is not resolved and am awaiting feedback, in the mean time does anyone have any ideas or tests I can perform to help in the investigation?
Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Download Speed of 0.28

Yes
Result from a BT Speedtest and the Plusnet Current Line Speed https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
StrohRum

Thanks Jim
Here is the result from PN Current Line Speed.
High-speed Broadband
Estimated line speed:
Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates).
Current line speed:
0.25 Mb

Did a BT Test last night, also got 0.283, but will prove it with a screen shot when I get home
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Two possibilities -
The IP profile from the BT speedtest hasn't updated
The value for Current Line Speed hasn't been updated if the IP profile has increased
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just tweaked your profile on our side to 5800, hope that improves things. I know the fault is ongoing but nontheless hope it gives you a more usable speed.
StrohRum

Thanks Matt,
I will try it out tonight and let you know.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI the profile is up to 8600 now. PS your username reminded me of a good night out a couple of years ago.....and the most terrible hangover ever Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StrohRum

Thank you Adam and Matt.
I can confirm that my connection is looking a lot better, I will monitor it for a day or so and then close the ticket at that point.
Thanks to everyone at PN for always keeping in touch and resolving my issue.
Haha That is the exact reason I chose this username, good and bad memories in one Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That is the exact reason I chose this username, good and bad memories in one

haha, I might change mine to Agwa then (nice drink but NEVER AGAIN) Smiley
Glad to see things have improved for you, make sure you give us a shout if you see any further problems.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team