Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed is only around 20mb on Fibre

Parry88
Dabbler

Download Speed is only around 20mb on Fibre

Hello
I have had my Extra Fibre Broadband for a few months now and my package says I should be getting 69mb download and 20mb upload...I know these speeds are not always accurate but I am getting around 16mb upload which is fine but my download speed seems to be ranging from 15mb-21mb and I do get lag on my xbox or netflix when I am streaming a movie.
Any Ideas??
Thanks
Rhys
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Download Speed is only around 20mb on Fibre

Can you post the results of the BT speedtest - second stage diagnostic version http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Parry88
Dabbler

I am not currently home at the moment...but when I am home later today I will follow the link you have sent and post the speed results to the page.
Thanks
dfunked
Grafter

It would be good to know if you're using wired or wireless also
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just been performing some diagnostic checks and can't see any obvious reasons for that I'm afraid.
Let us know re wired/wireless and what the speed tests reveal.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Parry88
Dabbler

Sorry I didnt get time to run the checks last night through my router Sad i will run this tonight.
If I go Wired I am getting around 35mb download and my wireless it ranges per device on my PS3 I was getting around 6-10mb download when i ran a test which is crazy as I am on Fibre and should be getting up to 69mb download speed also the PS3 is in the same room as the router anyway so it shouldn't be dropping that much. My Mobile Phone is getting around 20mb download. My Laptop is getting around 22mb.
My Upload speed on all devices seem to be fine as i getting around 16-17mb which is about right as It states around 20mb so I can live with that Smiley
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries and thanks for letting us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team