cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed below minimum Guaranteed Speed

gingerryno

Download Speed below minimum Guaranteed Speed

Hola

I've been with PN for a number of years and I've had this issues since I first became a customer. I just couldn't be bothered to deal with it. 😃

As the title says, I am experiencing speeds on my FTTC connection below the minimum guaranteed speed stated on my profile. Its only 5Mb below but I am sure I should be getting much more. Below is the stats given to me from my profile.

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 48 - 68Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 14 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 43.6Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 38.2Mbps

This is the information given to me by the btwholesale availability checker.

https://i.imgur.com/7ox3a5m.png

Doing a speed test, whether it is wired or wireless, gives me a download speed of around 35-26Mbps and an upload of <10Mbps.

Is it possible for someone to perform a GEA test and post the results for me? I'm trying to get to the bottom of where this issue is.

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Download Speed below minimum Guaranteed Speed

Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Fastcars800

Re: Download Speed below minimum Guaranteed Speed

I am also having a problem, they say I should be getting these numbers, But the max I get is 25. I know that my line is topping out and 25 is all I can get. But its not what I signed up for. All I get is you can leave us. Tech support have been amazing, but the sales and customer service don't want to hear it. Been with plusnet for years, never had problems until I moved, and now they don't seem to want to keep customers. Any ideas on what to do next?

Your broadband service
  • Product: Unlimited Fibre
  • Estimated Download Range: 29 - 40Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 5 - 7Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 30.9Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 37Mbps