cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain registered with Madasafish / Plusnet / freenetname Probs

patwray

Domain registered with Madasafish / Plusnet / freenetname Probs

Hi all,
sorry for the first post to be a "please help" one, but unfortunately needs must!
I've been asked to look at a friends website, basically it was registered back in 2000 and since then has had a single wordart holding page on there.  I've set them up a new site and would like to have the site redirected.
I've tried contacting the support staff at Madasafish but they haven't been much help at all.  All I have received are emails saying that they can't offer any redirects, edit any DNS settings or anything else that I'd sort of expect
Does any one know how I can go about altering the DNS or even finding out where the site currently points to  (It hasn't been touched in 9 years, and no one can remember...)

many thanks
jk
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Domain registered with Madasafish / Plusnet / freenetname Probs

Hi,
I've replied to the ticket on the account, however the domain is registered on a different account in our systems. Unfortunately the MAAF domain system is extremely limited and doesn't allow any domain record to be altered. Pretty much the only function we can do is to transfer the domain out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
patwray

Hi Chris,
thanks for the response.
Do you have the details of where the domain currently goes to, we are unsure if it is hosted with you guys or if it goes elsewhere.
thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've put those details on the ticket rather than in a public forum. Let me know if you need any more info.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
patwray

thanks for that Chris,
I'll try and see if anyone had the login details for the second account

thanks again for you help with this
jk