Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain name disabled and deleted

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Domain name disabled and deleted

As a domain that was being hosted and was registered with PN was due for renewal, I took advice here to register with Just-the-name to save quite a bit of money.
There appears to have been a terrible mixup at PN as I now find my domain disabled and deleted by PN. I specifically asked that the hosting should remain at PN and just the registration renewal was cancelled.
I have raised a ticket, hopefully it can be retrieved.
9 REPLIES 9
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Domain name disabled and deleted

Do a whois to check the status.
Where is it, e.g. .com .co.uk etc. as different rules apply?
You should always TRANSFER a domain not cancel and re-register as you inevitably risk losing it. This can usually be done at any time.
Or is it just the data content you've lost?
gm4jjj
Rising Star

It was transferrred and according to the ticket PN have not understood what I asked them to do. The domain is now registered correctly with JTN, but PN have disabled and deleted the domain from PN. I will await a reply to my ticket before causing any more confusion by trying to transfer in the domain to PN.
It is a .co.uk domain.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

PN are transferring the domain in for me - many thanks Smiley
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

OK, sounds like you're sorted and it was just the data that was temporarily inaccesible.
.co.uk domains are quite well controlled anyway (via Nominet) so if things do go wrong they can usually be sorted out properly.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sounds like something went wrong along the way in what should have been pretty simple. I'll have a word with the person that removed your domain and educate them for future.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks Chris.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

I'm still having problems with this domain - it was transferred in OK, but I have just noticed that it pointed to the 'root' htdocs folder rather than the folder I had used. I changed the settings in the control panel to point to the correct folder but it appears not to have changed anything.

Is there a time lag for this or does the 'submit' button just alert someone at PN towers who then changes something manually?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You have to wait 24 hours for the changes to take affect.
Also the default when adding a domain to an account is to point it to the default htdocs folder. As your domain was removed, PN would have added it again using their normal processes.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Yep, that was what happened. - It did take a day for the site to appear again (before it went to a problem page instead), but I had not noticed that it was still pointing to htdocs. I changed the folder tonight and now I am getting to the correct site again. Phew - hopefully no more problems.  Smiley