cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does you does or does you don't have fibre?

amcclean
Rising Star

Does you does or does you don't have fibre?

BT system reports this:
Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 28.1Mbps and upstream line speed of 5.8Mbps
If my line currently supports fibre do i have it or will i have to wait.
8 REPLIES 8
Mark
Grafter

Re: Does you does or does you don't have fibre?

You cant have it until your Cab is enabled. Your line supports fibre, when it becomes available. Smiley
M
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Do you not think that, possibly, the wording could be a bit less unclear  Tongue ?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
amcclean
Rising Star

Clear as mud.
When BT enable cabinets do they tend to do it early if so is it generally only early by days or is it a few weeks?
Mark
Grafter

I cant honestly remember one being done early. The reverse is more the norm going by current trends, unfortunately. Sad
amcclean
Rising Star

maybe for Christmas then  Roll_eyes
anniesboy
Rising Star

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I did also wonder as mine now says, as of today...
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 71.3Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.

It also says...
Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st August 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 14Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 8Mbps and 18.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 14Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 8Mbps and 18.5Mbps.

The main difference between the two is 'currently supports' and 'could support'.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Don't forget the 30th September is a place holder date, so they don't currently know for sure when it will be. I'd just keep checking it from time to time Smiley