cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this information seem normal?

jonnybennett
Grafter

Does this information seem normal?

Just checked information on my router and extracted the following, can it be confirmed whether this is ok. Thanks

Data Rate(Kbps)          3872                    448 

Noise margin (dB)          14.6                    23.0 

Output power (dBm)          19.7                    11.9 

Attenuation (dB)          40.0                    23.0

7 REPLIES 7
jonnybennett
Grafter

Re: Does this information seem normal?

noise margin downstream now 16.2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The noise margin seems on the high side for a normal connection at this time of the day, as though BT Wholesale have increased the target level (perhaps to 15dB) to stabilise the connection (reduce disconnections).
Sorry, I can't recall the details of your posts in other topics - does your line suffer from random disconnections and large variations in sync speed?
David
jonnybennett
Grafter

Well the only issue I have had is lately I got a resync event occur in the early hours, which dramatically reduced my speed for 3 or 4 days. Normally fine though, disconnections here and there but not too bad really.
Was just interested to know as it appeared on my new router.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Just been reading of your exploits with the Belkin N1. It's possible that the exchange DLM (Dynamic Line Monitoring) system might have been confused by the ups and downs of your connection if you've been swapping routers within short timescales. It could have interpreted that as instability and raised the target noise margin as a result.
That's just speculation on my part though.
David
jonnybennett
Grafter

yeah thats what i'm thinking. I'm just glad that i've finally almost got my setup working (internet has returned to normal because that synced at a low speed a few days ago which wasnt great) and my new router is working, somehow.
Just wireless causing me problems now. So all in all i'm not happy with this N1 model. Probably just my bad luck though.
Tony_W
Grafter

Can we have a more descriptive title please?
James
Grafter

Tony - I don't see the title as being that overly misleading and not causing a generic problem for the community.