cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the IP profile change in the first 10 days?

jcheema

Does the IP profile change in the first 10 days?

So upgraded to 80/20 and just learnt about the IP profile thing, and my current line speed went from 78Mb this morning to 38Mb last few hours, even though when the speed was set to 78Mb I got nowhere close to my expected 50Mb I was stuck at 37Mb, now at current line speed 38Mb I'm getting the same.
I rang plusnet gave me the old 10 days thing....
So during the first 10 days, I know the speed fluctuates, but should my IP profile change too?
Also why is my upload speed not changing by much? Stuck at 1.4-1.6Mb estimated 10Mb on a near 20Mb service
Should I worry OR will it all be magically fixed in "ten days"  Roll_eyes
7 REPLIES 7
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Does the IP profile change in the first 10 days?

I'm not really familiar with fibre but the normal standard procedure is to check the IP Profile for your line maintained by BT by running the test at http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ and check that this matches the one maintained by Plusnet at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed .  If the Plusnet value is less than the BT value then ask Plusnet to adjust theirs to match and don't be fobbed off by the old 10 day thing.
I don't know what you mean by "current line speed".  If the fundamental problem is that your router sync rate has halved (dropped form 78 to 38 Mbps) then you'll have to wait out the 10 days.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi jcheema and welcome to the community forum.
I have had a look at your connection and made a few adjustments with your account. You will see that your speeds will increase within the next 24 hours.
If you haven't noticed any change then let me know I will look into further.
Chris
jcheema

Thanks chris, will let you know how it goes.
jcheema

Hey Chris upload speed has picked up ran a speed test my ip profile for uploads is 20Mb so uncapped but my line can only get 10.9 Mb so I'm currently getting 9-9.5Mb so that's great because that's near enough.
Sadly the download speed hasn't budged from 35-37Mb and my IP profile on PN is still 38Mb so essentially it's capped (41.41Mb according to the speed test)
I should be getting 50Mb but still not even been at 40Mb yet....so if someone could sort that out?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey,
I've responded to your PM, I hope all is now sorted.
Chris
jcheema

Well sadly not the download speed still appears capped to 42Mb on bt tests, despite plusnet raising my profile yesterday to current line speed 78Mb
So it's no surprise that my current line speed fell to 42Mb this morning because its based on the sync rate.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've responded to your PM again, no point duplicating it in here.
Chris