cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do any of the Pusnet packages guarantee broadband in every room?

FIXED
em635

If so, which ones?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Do any of the Pusnet packages guarantee broadband in every room?

In a word - no, and nor do any other ISP, unless you invest in say, a mesh system, or set up boosters, repeaters. Because all home environments are unique, you have to find what works for you.

John
em635

I see.... but some companies let you pay extra to guarantee broadband in every room. So is this a con? Or is there something similar that plusnet provide? If I sign up to them and dont get wifi in the rooms i need it, will they offer any assistance with this?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Fix

These 'everyroom' guarantees usually mean you have to buy/rent extenders from these companies - which work, as would a system you bought outright from any other outlet - probably cheaper.

Plusnet (as an ISP) won't offer direct assistance, but you will find many helpful/knowledgable Community members willing to offer help.

John
em635

Understood - thanks very much

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@em635 wrote:

I see.... but some companies let you pay extra to guarantee broadband in every room. So is this a con? Or is there something similar that plusnet provide? If I sign up to them and dont get wifi in the rooms i need it, will they offer any assistance with this?

You need to read the small print and compare the cost. I suspect that you may be supplied to up to 3 mesh satellites and if that doesn’t work either give you compensation or allow you to cancel the contract.  There’s nothing stopping you from buying your own mesh system and use on a cheaper ISP service.

I doubt that any ‘help’ would be any better then you could get from this forum from fellow customers 

At the end of the day WiFi propagation is determined by the quality of the wireless equipment and physics, not ISP contractual offers.  In many cases it’s far better and cheaper to install Ethernet cables.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'