Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Do Us Proud' ?

FIXED
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: 'Do Us Proud' ?

Why shouldn't you use the phone? Assuming it's working nothing to stop you using it. You are unlikely to get any communication from PlusNet saying your phone has been fixed.Smiley

lindamott
Dabbler

well , its all about the previous BTEngineer telling me to keep my phone unplugged until further notice...

I am just following instructions...... before when I got or made a call , my internet would drop and the router , seeing it as a fault would then limit my bandwidth..... I don't want that happening for yet another weekend so I will wait until I am told.. I don't think one weekend out of 4 to at least have some NowTV and Netflix isn't too much to ask.

my reliance on the internet is about 90% , where my reliance upon the landline (after 4 weeks) is virtually nil right now.

adapt or die , I say

Cheesy

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Linda, I've contacted our suppliers regarding the ongoing issue and updated your fault on your account with an update for you.

The fault ticket can be accessed here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=155750382

And I'll make sure you get a email update also.

Kind regards,

Ben

lindamott
Dabbler

PlusNet is in touch with me fine thank you.

My points , once raised here , are followed up by either email or text.

It truly is the best and most effective format for reporting issues.

Debasing them doesn't help.... it's so negative Sad

lindamott
Dabbler

I will not be plugging the phone in yet and i'll tell you why.

the origin of the fault lies in a massive cabling move for this whole village from overhead to underground..

I live at the foof of the hill that feeds all the services to the village.

180 yards from my bungalow is where the chop and connect happened.

nearly all the BT lines for the whole village got reconnected , but my connection seems to have been done badly and creates alarming amounts of static upon the line itself... the router and the network gets its packages broken up by this crackling and therefore drops the connection and ceases training...back to square one!!

so interleaving was applied or removed.... didn't actually make any difference , but the thing that did make all the difference and stopped the disconnections was keeping the voice line dormant.

therefore , as nothing has actually been done to the rogue connection yet , I shan't risk it as it wont have changed

Cool_smiley

lindamott
Dabbler

its on track to be done before the weekend now anyway

I will wait with bated breath

Roll_eyes

lindamott
Dabbler

UPDATE:

There has been a BT tent and van down at the chop point for about an hour so , fingers crossed !!! .

Grin

lindamott
Dabbler

well , the working day is over and its good and bad news so far.

My speeds seem half descent m so I plugged the phone in.... no crackling , nice dial tone..

getting more confident , I rang the phone from the mobile.... and guess what?

yes you guessed it...... my internet dropped.

So ...... as I haven't heard word that is completed , I can only assume that theres more work to be done.

needless to say , the phone is once again unplugged

Roll_eyes

lindamott
Dabbler

FINAL UPDATE :  I think

after the Friday night failure , I kept the phone unplugged and felt resigned to it being done sometime after the bank holiday.

at 12/30 today I had a call from a BT engineer , wishing to come and do a full line test from the master socket.

he subsequently did and lo and behold , the line was perfect all the way to the exchange.

I asked if we could do the test I performed on Friday evening , we did and the internet stayed up and running..

He said that someone else must have fixed the problem , possibly yesterday !!!

So finally I appear to be getting what I pay for now.

Fingers crossed it stays that way,

Cool 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @Gandalf as per message #3.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

lindamott
Dabbler

I agree with the fix attribution..... Gandalf is a living deity to me...

one thing I would add is .... the new strapline on the adverts should read : .....

''WE'LL DO YOU PROUD AS LONG AS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DO HALF THE LEGWORK FOR US ,AS WE'RE LINKED TO A USELESS NETWORK PROVIDER''

No hard feelings

well , not too many

Funny

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Happy to hear this is fixed for you @lindamott

I agree with the fix attribution..... Gandalf is a living deity to me...

No worries. I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like most others. Roll_eyes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah! But @Gandalf are they on the out side of your trousers?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Of course, doesn't everyone? Grin

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lindamott
Dabbler

@JonoH wrote:

@lindamott wrote:

my next point now is........ who is to recompense me for the last 3 weeks of patchy sketchy service and no phone... as its been admitted to be a work standard based issue ... I don't think its too much to ask for/

my money has been taken right through this and its just not good enough... someone must be responsible.

Hi Linda, we take payment throughout the fault resolution process because we often don't know until it is resolved what exactly the problem is, sometimes the problem is with the customers equipment.

Once the fault is cleared our faults team will refund you for any loss of service as standard if for some reason that doesn't happen (and it should) just drop me a PM and I'll sort it right away.

..........................................................................................................

I have heard nothing yet !!

Huh