cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet charge for a missed appointment with open reach engineer?

Olifran
Grafter

Do Plusnet charge for a missed appointment with open reach engineer?

As above really. I have a BT engineer coming round tomorrow (5th) 8 til 1. However this evening my wife had a call to re arrange an appointment for our daughter on the same morning. I realise its too late for plusnet to re arrange. She will be in early morning but we may miss him.
Thanks
Chris.
7 REPLIES 7
bradw
Grafter

Re: Do Plusnet charge for a missed appointment with open reach engineer?

From what I was told, it's £50 if you miss them. Unfortunately they don't pay you £50 if they don't turn up though.  Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can't you arrange anything with a friend or neighbour?
Olifran
Grafter

Unfortunately not they are on holiday. The mrs is going to wait til 9.45 and then she has to go. If he comes before then great if not then  Embarrassed
She will be back by 11.
Olifran
Grafter

It's ok. He has been and gone. Fibre back upto 37MB from 14. Something about router and frequency and change thee channel. Could be a number of factors as to why it drops.
Anotherone
Champion

Sounds like you were doing speed checks on wireless when you need to do them by Ethernet to check your connection?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Olifran
I can see from the engineer notes that they unfortunately didn't identify an issue. As Anotherone mentions, let us know if you've tested your connection via ethernet, if you have and there's still an issue that would be a good point to consider trying another router.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Also, if you still seem to be having a problem and think it's the Router after connecting via Ethernet, you could try what's called a PPPoE Dialler Ethernet connection where you bypass the Router with an Ethernet connection from the computer in the following way -
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-setting-up-a-pppoe-dialler-for-windows-xp/ or
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows... depending on your OS.
(There is a similar setup for a MAC I believe).