cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do PlusNet Block Ports Used for SIP

jjlukfr

Do PlusNet Block Ports Used for SIP

I'm wondering whether PlusNet block the typical SIP and STUN ports (5060 and 10000). I have a VoIP account with sipgate and was with PlusNet a couple of years ago and all worked fine. Now I find with identical configuration at my new home that my router can not connect to sipgate.
I have no particular desire to subscribe to PlusNet's own VoIP service.
John
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Do PlusNet Block Ports Used for SIP

Check your PlusNet Firewall settings https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall , it needs to be Low ( or Off ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nealuk

Hello, I have Sipgate, Gradwell and AQL VoIP services running fine over my Plus.net ADSL connection.
Regards,
Neal.
jjlukfr

Thanks for the info. PlusNet firewall is off. Looks like I need to check my router setup again.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: jjlukfr
I'm wondering whether PlusNet block the typical SIP and STUN ports (5060 and 10000).

no they dont
If you have a speedtouch router you need to telnet the router and unbind port 5060, it solved my problem with sipgate
I dont understand why you dont want to have plusnet voip service? depending what contract you have you could get free calls, i get 240 minutes free.
You can have more than one account depending what equipment you have
kind regards
puddy