cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do BT customers get better service from OR than PN customers?

bumpkin

Do BT customers get better service from OR than PN customers?

I am in my 14 day notice period and am worried that I will receive a poorer service than as a BT customer if there are any line problems. I live in the depths of rural Wales with a best bb speed of 1.5-2. I can only have bb service from BT or PN, but people tell me BT prioritises its customers for OR help - true?Also BT tell me I will get worse speeds with PN - any experience from PN customers?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Do BT customers get better service from OR than PN customers?

but people tell me BT prioritises its customers for OR help

No that's definitely not true. The reason BT is now a group of companies including BT Wholesale (our broadband supplier) and Openreach (the engineering arm of BT) is to ensure that doesn't happen.
Also BT tell me I will get worse speeds with PN - any experience from PN customers?

The same applies here so there should be no difference.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Just a quick confirmation, as an ex BT employee, I have exactly the same speeds with PN as I had with BT. Much will depend on the router you put on your line, with that slow a line, a second hand BT Business HGV2700 would be well worth considering - it used to give me a good percentage higher speed than the Home Hub2/3/4.
OR are not allowed, and are very closely regulated, to prioritise anything from BT or its customers, if anything, other ISP's probably get a better service.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks Mustrum
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team