cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distortion on radio broadcasting

radiopoplar

Distortion on radio broadcasting

We are a community radio station based in Bramley L:eeds experiencing distortion and drop out. We use Plusnet to connect to Wirral net  to listen go to www.radiopoplar.co.uk and press listen button. I am broadcasting live from our studio tonight at 7pm. This distortion problem has our computer expert puzzled. We are on 888 via Plusnet we use a sahoutcast programme and our computer log does not show any red xxxx s . The input signal from our mixer is clean. The distortion clears itself after 45 seconds or if it stays we reboot the Shoutcast programme which clears it.  Any suggestions would be welcome so we can cure this.  Regards Bill Rowe  My home email is joyfulsounds50@hotmail.com or show@radiopoplar.com   
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Distortion on radio broadcasting

Hi radiopoplar,
Distortion on an audio broadcast usually means there's inadequate upstream bandwidth. I understand that is set to 888kbps at present, however there is an option for you to improve on this but it would mean changing over to a business account type and adding annex M which costs £10+VAT per month extra.
Changing to a business account would mean that we can uncap the upstream for you, this will mean that a nominal amount of bandwidth is taken from the downstream and that usually boosts the upstream to about 1mbps.
Have a think about it and do have a look at our business products here: http://www.plus.net/business/?home=businesstop
Let me know if you want to do this and I'll put the wheels in motion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team