cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatch of fibre router - when?

tonycollinet
Grafter

Dispatch of fibre router - when?

I ordered fttc upgrade at the weekend. The order for the router is still showing as:
"Hardware dispatch pending  The order has not yet been placed "
Is this normal - how far in advance of the installation date (one week from now) should the router be sent out?

Thanks.
34 REPLIES 34
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Dispatch of fibre router - when?

The router gets sent out First Class via Royal Mail and is usually with you 1 or 2 days before your installation is due to take place.
Our automated systems send the router out to you, to ensure you get this on time.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks
Second question - will I get confirmation of the requested installation date/time. Your email told me I would be informed if there was a problem, but how can I get confirmation that the visit has been specifically booked with BTW

Based on the many reports here of engineer no-shows, I'd like to get that checked before the day.
Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll take a look for you. Can you PM your account username please?
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks - PM sent.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi - since there will be no-one able to answer over the weekend, and I need to confirm time off to attend the visit, I'd really appreciate confimation by the end of Friday.

Thanks.
louialive
Grafter

Based on my experience I would recommend you ring PlusNet and get the information, don't wait for an email response. Especially if there is a problem with your order. Seems their system cannot handle order errors
dick:quote
Dhaos
Grafter

I wouldnt worry about confirming you date due to no shows. When i had my fibre installed last year it was 2pm and the engineer said it was his last job, he was meant to go to another job but seeing as it was 15 miles away it was pointless as it wouldnt be worth his time (he was a sub contractor so he got paid per job) so some unfortunate soul would have had a no show that day.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@louialive - I've dealt with this via PM.
@Dhaos - It is a real shame that this was the case 😕 We don't have any control after the point of booking the engineer unfortunately.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks Chris - question fully answered in PM.
Dhaos
Grafter

Yeah Chris thats why i mentioned it, the OP can do all the preperation in the world but if the engineer decides that he doesnt want to do it for whatever reason then its out of everyones hands.
tonycollinet
Grafter

OK Chris
Don't know if you'll see this in time - phone system hopelessly clogged up.
Install due tomorrow - router has not arrived. Your automated systems seem to have failed to deliver in time.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The router was dispatched 4 days ago, I'm hopeful that the router will be with you tomorrow if that's the case.
tonycollinet
Grafter

OK - here's hoping.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Make sure you're familiar with setting up a direct pppoe connection from a PC just in case the router doesn't arrive http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
Beware that some of the contractor installers claim that they can't do the installation without a router, which is rubbish!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.