Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions on changes to Terms and Conditions

Mand
Grafter

Re: Discussions on changes to Terms and Conditions

Quote from: fp
I am not comfortable being locked into an unknown future charge (I suppose I know it will increase) and the only way out is to pay the charge at the current level. 
Where is the incentive to keep the cessation charge down.  It just increased 25% in a time of recession, 2% inflation and negative RPI.
Yes, I can understand why you favour lock-in over customer choice. 

It's not that I prefer lock in over choice, there's no contract obligation on the cease charge, and as I said most customers never pay it.
From a personal POV I'd just rather pay the cease charge as and when necessary rather than pay a higher setup fee or higher subscriptions to cover a potential cease.
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks anyway Mand - but this must feel more comfortable than when you bore the brunt of all the somewhat hostile questions at the earlier refresh.

Mand
Grafter

I much prefer non-hostile communications obviously ;), but I don't take it personally when you guys get brutal. Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: mikeb
At the mo, PN (or whoever) presumably get a cut of the 087x call cost and it's often a relatively expensive call in any case. If telecom service providers in general are having to reduce the call charges back in line with 01/2/3 numbers and not only is the PN (or whoever) cut not going to be there in the future but it could perhaps even cost them money per 087x incoming call then I can see some significant changes afoot !  Is the fax2email service likely to be withdrawn completely (as opposed to just being quietly dropped from just about all fairly recent products), will it become a chargeable feature for existing users or are all 0870 numbers currently being used going to subsequently be changed over to an alternative premium(ish) rate number (e.g. 0844 style) or something similar ?  The service has to be paid for somehow by someone and if the 0870 changes remove any income as such then presumably this will have to be found from elsewhere !

There are no plans to make any changes to the Fax-2-Email service Mike, however as you've already alluded to, the service is no longer included with any of the new product offerings.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anon
Pro

[ Embarrassed learned to read more carefully
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Quote from: reserved
Will the changes to 0870 & 0845 numbers being included in call packages apply to Madasafish and Greenbee customers as well?

0870 calls will be included for MAAF and Greenbee.

Not 0845 then? Sad
Mand
Grafter

Not 0845 then? Sad

'Fraid not Dennis.
My understanding is we'll be looking separately at MAAF and JLP products as a different project, but obviously need to make the 0870 changes as part of the Ofcom guidelines work.
edit: fixed my shoddy quoting
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Not 0845 then? Sad

'Fraid not Dennis.
My understanding is we'll be looking separately at MAAF and JLP products as a different project, but obviously need to make the 0870 changes as part of the Ofcom guidelines work.
edit: fixed my shoddy quoting

Thanks for your reply Mand, I'll have to keep using http://www.saynoto0870.com/ for those then!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
I've moved the off topic posts to here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79229.0.html
Please can we try and keep discussion to this important topic please Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mapletree
Grafter

Good News about dropping the 12/18 Month contracts.  I'm glad that PN is listening to its customers.  Smiley
It's a shame I only ever find out about major changes like this by accident when I am browsing the forums.  Sad
James
Grafter

Mapletree - You'll get an email too.
mapletree
Grafter

I won't hold my breath.  I don't remember ever having received an email from PN about major changes. 
Be3G
Grafter

I have a question. Say someone signs up to Plusnet Pro and takes the free connection and router. Eleven months later, they want to leave - perhaps, for example, they're moving house and their new residence is in a cable area. What would they have to pay in this instance? Reading the summary page on the portal leads me to believe they'd have to pay £50/70, rather than simply one month's subscription of £20. Similarly, imagine the same thing happening with someone on market 3 Value. Currently, if they left after eleven months they'd have seven months to pay at £42. Now, it appears they'd have to pay £50/70. Is that correct? If so, not everyone's going to benefit from these new changes to the terms...
Mand
Grafter

Yep, deferred contracts would be payable up to 12 months after activation.
If I was that Pro customer, I'd stay another month and pay nothing. Wink
There will be a few Market 3 Value customers who would benefit from the rules as they are, but these are very much the minority.
scootie
Grafter

sorry if this has been asked all ready but is the new terms an condtions going to make it harder for plusnet to plan for adding  future capicity as customers are going to be coming and going like a cattle market