cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections....

moemoff
Grafter

Disconnections....

In the last hour I have lost connection 5 times.. is there something up?
I am  currently connected to the "Telehouse North, Juniper 6" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as thn-ag1.
Wonder if it stays there!
Edit.. happened again .. now  connected to the "Telehouse North, Juniper 2" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as ptn-ag2.
Edit .. and again
You are currently connected to the "Telehouse East, Juniper 4" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as pte-ag2.
13 REPLIES 13
James
Grafter

Re: Disconnections....

Nothing that I can see I'm afraid.
I'd recommend doing the standard filter anbd wiring checks and seeing if this improves anything.  Otherwise raise a fault with us.
moemoff
Grafter

I have reported a fault .. it is UP say 15 minutes or less and then disconnecting. It has a dedicated BT ADSL connection box V.10 and the Netgear DG632 is plugged in the ADSL socket. No filters needed.
BT configured it so the line comes in for ADSL (before it hits the interior wiring) goes out again and then comes in for normal telephone. That way they didnt have to play with the interior wiring.
James
Grafter

Sounds good, thanks.
Let me know on Monday if you're having any difficulties and I'll be happy to take ownership.
moemoff
Grafter

Quote from: James
Sounds good, thanks.
Let me know on Monday if you're having any difficulties and I'll be happy to take ownership.

I am still having this problem and I have to work all this weekend  .. it is a business connection.  My problems start from tonight. It isnt a residential thing.
James
Grafter

Ah, sorry!
The Business Support Team are very good on Broadband Faults (as you would expect) so you'll be able to get timely updates.  Should you give them a ring, you should have your call answered extremely quickly.  Have you ever tried calling them before? (That's meant in a curious way, not an antagonistic one!).
moemoff
Grafter

Yes I have telephoned them before  and no I dont take it the wrong way when you mentioned it. It depends a lot on who you get at the other end.
I had a better response from Mand as to why I was experiencing problems on that occasion.  Prior to that I had a cut and paste answer but that is just how it goes.
So far I am still connected for 25 minutes.
James
Grafter

Mand's in tomorrow, so she'll be able to help you if you're still experiencing problems.
I would normally jump at the chance to help, but I'm leaving the office in 20 minutes and wouldn't be much help to you over the weekend!
moemoff
Grafter

I need your advice ..
The disconnection problem came out of the blue on Friday afternoon. It was then disconnecting at times every 15 minutes. I unplugged the router overnight and powered up in the morning. It did the same thing through the day on Saturday. I powered down overnight. On one or two occasions I had to manually disconnect because it seemed to be stuck in a cycle of trying to reconnect but was unable to do so. Sunday morning it did the same thing until about 11. Since then it has been stable for 12 hrs.
I am on Max and its synching at 8128 down and 832 up – that’s what’s showing on the router statistics.
My speed has dropped – it used to be near 7000 (6770 kbps to  6900 kbps). I have taken a number of tests here http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ and although my upload speed remains the same approx 725 kbps the download speed has gone to 5140 kbps and at best 5170 kbps.
Is this a Max thing and will it return to normal levels? Also when I try to take the test for speed on www.dslzoneuk.net I get  5150 kbps as a speed.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It looks like the disconnections were caused by noise or a fault on the line which reduced your sync speed, and consequently your IP profile (which is reflected in throughput speed).
Since your connection is now steady again with sync speed back to 8128kbps, the noise/fault may have been cleared and your IP profile should automatically increase; however the automated system takes up to 3 days to increase the profile.  Rebooting the router once per day, and achieving an 8128kbps sync each time, can help persuade the monitoring equipment to increase your IP profile.
David
moemoff
Grafter

Thanks so much .. I did speak later on in the night (must have been after 1 o'clock) to a very nice man at Plusnet who said very much the same thing. However I almost got interleave placed on me even though the problem only started Friday and I had the high rates of sych for over a year!
James
Grafter

Glad to hear that it's been nice and stable.  Give us a shout if you have any further problems.
moemoff
Grafter

Famous last words .. its gone all wobbly and lost sync all over the place. I now have a noise on the line like a fry up. BT say there is a fault and are coming out tomorrow morning to fix it.
Well mes not panicking YET. Only a little bit! Tongue
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Hopefully it will still be frying when BT arrive.  It's a lot easier for them to clear permanent faults.
David