Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections

towerblocks
Grafter

Disconnections

Hi
For the past 4 hours or so i'm getting disconnections every few minutes, I've changed router, ADSL cable and filters.
I've done a quiet line test and on occasion i hear a kind of cut out on the line like a loud crackle.
I'm trying to get onto http://faults.plus.net, But with my connection dropping so often it's almost impossiable to go through the steps
20 REPLIES 20
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Disconnections

Hi @towerblocks,
I've just checked the ticket and it looks like we have everything we need. It's with our faults team now so they'll be responding ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
towerblocks
Grafter

Ok, Last night weather was bad, Disconnections most of the night, I just had enough after a while and switched my pc off, Today during the daytime i have had a few disconnections, No rain and a litlle wind.
I had a response from faults saying they requested interleaving to be turned on, Which it was already on anyway due to the DLM kicking in.
Current stats
Connection Speed 14334 kbps 446 kbps
Line Attenuation 14.0 db 9.8 db
Noise Margin 9.4 db 30.2 db
My usual sync for this line is around 22mbps, I've also noticed my downstream Noise margin is also dropping below 6db sometimes, I've seen it drop to 1.6db.
towerblocks
Grafter

So any news?, I've been getting disconnections all morning, There must have been a fault picked up on my line, Wheather has mad it impossable for me to get on.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've just run some checks on your line and it isn't coming back with anything obvious (other than it keeps going up and down).
I take it you have already tried in the test socket and with a different filter?
If that is the case we will need to get an engineer booked for you, could you let us know what your availability is like and we can get this booked in for you.
You can reply either on here or on the ticket.
towerblocks
Grafter

Up and down has in disconnections?
I don't have a test socket, It's an old socket, Looks like 20+ years old

I've changed router, Filters and cables to no effect.
You can book it for anytime has soon has possible, They need to know it's worse with the weather rain and wind.
towerblocks
Grafter

In the ticket you just sent me it says Problem Explanation: [NS16] The circuit is not in sync.
I take it that means there was no connection when you ran the test, My router has been on for 4 days 24/7.
But the disconnections are sometimes keeping me offline for an hour, Has soon has i sync i lose sync, My connection has now stabled better now the wind and rain has stopped.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Yes, I meant up and down as in the disconnections and you are correct that when I ran the test there was no sync at that time.
With the amount your line is disconnecting it was pot luck on if it had sync or not. The testing was more to see if we could find a fault without having to send an engineer out to the property.
I'll look at getting that booked in for you now.
towerblocks
Grafter

Has a engineer been booked?
towerblocks
Grafter

Quote from: towerblocks
Has a engineer been booked?
towerblocks
Grafter

So what's the verdict on the engineer?
I haven't been able to get online for 2 days, There is now no dial tone on my line, Somehow i'm managing to connect every now and then for a minute or two before being disconnected
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5351 kbps 404 kbps
Line Attenuation 35.0 db 46.8 db
Noise Margin 6.6 db 6.4 db
My Line Attenuation has tripled.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Sorry for the delayed response.
I've got you an engineer booked for tomorrow afternoon between 1pm-6pm. I've had to run through some in-depth checks on the line which is the reason why I haven't replied before now - apologies for that.
towerblocks
Grafter

Thanks.
Did the in-depth checks pickup anything on the line.
jim:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It's picked up a High Resistance fault on the line.
This is technically a Telephone Fault but applies to the broadband equipment connected to it so a Broadband Engineer will go out on this one and restore the services for you.
towerblocks
Grafter

Well it's now 6.20pm and no engineer has showed up, So a friend of my mothers let us use her phone to phone BT and they said no fault has been reported to them.
BT ran a test on the line and said there was a fault on the line, Which i know there is has there is no dial tone since yesterday, BT are now saying an engineer might not be able to come out until the 2nd.
So what is up the lies?