cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections from broadband

hocumgday
Grafter

Disconnections from broadband

My broadband router is a Thompson and the Internet light is intermittently showing red and disconnecting my broadband connection this has happened before but usually corrects itself but I am still having problems with it. I raised a fault ticket with you a while back but all was going well until last night. You keep saying line test shows a fault my end but can you check again as it was working perfectly until last night and this morning. I have restarted router, changed micro filters, plugged test socket to no avail but I bet it all comes back with no problems with connectivity but sure enough will go down again sooner or later.
30 REPLIES 30
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Disconnections from broadband

Hi there,
I've just had a look at the last fault ticket on your account (76170280), I've run the same type of line test and we're still picking up on the loop fault on the line.
Just so we can move forward with this can you have a look at the last response on there with regard to us testing the line again with all other devices disconnected?
Let us know when you've done that and I'll make sure we get that done ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hocumgday
Grafter

ok all disconnected
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you responded to the ticket as well as posting on here?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
hocumgday
Grafter

No sorry I wasn't asked to
hocumgday
Grafter

It wont let me post a reply because the question has been closed due to inactivity,
hocumgday
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Have you responded to the ticket as well as posting on here?

Any news on line test, shall I reconnect router? I would like to go online soon as I have work to do please
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Sorry I've not been able to reply just yet. I can see you tweeted us and my colleage Matt has responded.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hocumgday
Grafter

My broadband has been fine with no outages or dropouts for a couple of hours and speeds seem ok(ish) have you done something your end to remedy my fault or should I still expect an engineer visit. This is so frustrating and I am not happy as I have not been kept informed with the engineers visit, I have had to cancel important plans for today and a no show from the engineer is a bad service.
hocumgday
Grafter

My Internet has gone down yet again and I waited in since 8am this morning for an engineer who didn't show up, what on earth is going on I have noticed on the forums this is commonplace and is not on. I have had to cancel important appointments today and all for nothing. I am bitterly dissappointed and I am seriously thinking of asking for my mac code after 4-5 years of being with you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi hocumgday,
I'm really sorry to hear that the engineer did to turn up today. I've been in touch with our suppliers who have have advised that a large number of customers, including yourself, have been affected by a system issue which has not booked in engineers successfully, thus not sending engineers out following an outage yesterday.
I have had this case passed to the relevant team for the fault to be progressed properly. I will book the next available engineer for you when I am presented with the opportunity to do so. I completely appreciate that this is and has been really inconvenient and this isn't how we would have liked the outcome to be.
It's incredibly frustrating to have a dropping connection fault as well as an engineer not showing up. I'll follow this up tomorrow to ensure the fault is progressing and to ensure we get as much pressure applied to this to get the fault resolved as soon as possible.
hocumgday
Grafter

I have been with you as a valued customer for 4-5 years and I am not happy as I have wasted a whole day with no notice from anyone earlier who could have let me know the engineer would not be coming. I am sorry but this is just not on. I can see why they didn't follow up appointments but why the heck did no one notify me earlier when I was sat around waiting when I could have carried on with my day. I have lost money from this due to missed appointments and I am not in the position to do so. I hope you are looking into a discount on my charges for this month and a signicant one at that.
hocumgday
Grafter

I won't be able to take time off to wait for an engineer to visit, I have notified sky broadband that I shall be asking for my mac code to migrate to them unless this is dealt with at the earliest opportunity. I am not willing to waste any more time waiting around for NOTHING!  The only way I can have a visit by an engineer is to ask my wife to stay in and take time off work to do so so please notify me ASAP when this will take place.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I completely appreciate what you're saying and agree that the engineer not showing up is completely unacceptable.
I'm doing everything I can to arrange for an engineer to visit, I am currently waiting on our suppliers to get back to me. As soon as I hear back, I'll let you know. I will, of course, arrange discounts to be applied to your account for the inconvenience and downtime you are experiencing.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@hocumgday
When considering whether the discounts they offer are adequate bear in mind the value of the Missed Appointments Payment Plusnet should be getting from OpenReach: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
You might also take a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)