cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection

andyf4

Disconnection

Hello,
Over the past few weeks I have been experiencing a number of disconnections mostly resulting in a red broadband light on the router. Previous to this I had never experienced any disconnection issues.
I have extracted some information from the router this time in the hope it might assist in resolving the problem
Aug 6 01:43:25	PPP link down (Internet) [91.125.61.52]
Product Name: TG582n
Serial Number: CP1324VFGV2
Software Release: 10.2.2.B
Link Status: Disconnected
Last Error Message: Disconnected because idle timeout reached
DSL OK
Test Failed ATM  No ATM activity detected on your DSL line.
Test Failed PPP  Could not bring up link

I have been able to resolve this by rebooting the router and reconnecting, but I would like an explanation as to why I am being disconnected in the first place.
I have tried raising this issue a number of times on http://faults.plus.net/ but always get the following error message...
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

Thanks in advance,
Andy
4 REPLIES 4
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Disconnection

Hi andyf4,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the connection dropping out. It seems that you haven't been able to raise a fault as you already have one raised here. If you can comment with the details above on this ticket they should be able to continue with the investigation for you and try to see what's causing the problem for you.
andyf4

Hi,
Thanks, I had forgotton it was there (would be good if the fault reporter had made me aware of it's existence automatically).
Now updated and will await response.
Andy
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Andyf4,
As mentioned in the other thread, it may be worth keeping an eye on over the coming few days and if you see anything more then drop the details on the fault ticket.
andyf4

Hi Adam,
Thanks, will do.
Andy