Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection Alert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disconnection Alert

My latest ( pre-planned) outage happened at 00:20am Thursday morning
Lost my Broadband, as per Service warning, but early, Thursday morning 5th April

Service: Broadband
Posted: Wed, Apr 04 2012 at 17:10:28
Subject: Planned BT Network Maintenance - Thursday 5th April Midnight-6:00am
When's this work happening?
Early tomorrow morning, 5th April.
My Broadband connection went down at 00:25am Thursday morning, expected, but a bit early !
Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes, there's a chance that you may be disconnected from the internet for a period of time during the maintenance window. It's likely that this will happen after 2am, and may disconnect up to half of our customer base. The vast majority of these customers will be able to reconnect straight away however a small number of customers may be offline for an extended period of up to two hours.

Once again, my 3G backup Dongle saves the day.
At least it's working in 3G mode this morning.
These outages are becoming very frequent these days !

Is there anything else I need to know?
Any customers having problems connecting once the maintenance is complete are advised to log into their router interface and click connect. Please note that the network may be out of balance following this maintenance so it may be necessary to disconnect a number of users tomorrow morning in order to remedy this.

This was 20 minutes after disconnect, obviously I will try later on.

This falling off a cliff was yesterday morning.

Tuesday morning I was...
You are currently connected to the gateway known as ptn-ag04.
This is located in Telehouse North.
I cannot check this morning because

Sorry, records show your IP address is not from the Plusnet brand and as such, we cannot detect your gateway.
As I am using a T-Mobile dongle !
At least it's working in 3G mode this morning.

10% normal speeds

An hour after disconnection I tried my router access again, and appeared to be successful
However, still cannot connect via PlusNet Broadband.
Full set of lights on my router.

thejudge
Rising Star

It's just taken me down for about half an hour. Service Status line has voice message saying that there were "no known outages".
Of course, once you've lost the connection, you can't get into Service Status to remind yourself of the maintenance...
Anonymous
Not applicable

From email, RSS & http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1333555828.htm

Service: Broadband
Posted: Wed, Apr 04 2012 at 17:10:28
Subject: Planned BT Network Maintenance - Thursday 5th April Midnight-6:00am
When's this work happening?
Early tomorrow morning, 5th April.
What does it affect?
Broadband connectivity.
How long will it take?
Up to six hours.
What does the work involve?
We've received notification from our suppliers about maintenance work that is scheduled to take place in the London Faraday region early on Thursday morning. This may affect users nationwide.
Am I likely to notice the work?
Yes, there's a chance that you may be disconnected from the internet for a period of time during the maintenance window. It's likely that this will happen after 2am, and may disconnect up to half of our customer base. The vast majority of these customers will be able to reconnect straight away however a small number of customers may be offline for an extended period of up to two hours.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Any customers having problems connecting once the maintenance is complete are advised to log into their router interface and click connect. Please note that the network may be out of balance following this maintenance so it may be necessary to disconnect a number of users tomorrow morning in order to remedy this.

Also, my experience of this current outage in more detail .........

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103802.msg883117.html#msg883117
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the latest Service Status Update, an hour+ into the disconnection !

Nothing on Twitter
Anonymous
Not applicable

5am Thursday morning.
My PlusNet Broadband is back up and running again.

At least I didn't lose power, as many around me have.
James
Grafter

Nigel - If you go here: http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
You can subscribe to email notices.
netspeed
Grafter

This is the second time in about two weeks that I've had broadband cut off completely for about 7 hours overnight ... and I work nights, so serious pain in the rear.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: PlusComUK

That service status was posted yesterday daytime, not an hour into the disconnection.

@netspeed
The graphing shows that connections started to come back online around 1am, although some will have seen longer outages. Have you tried logging in to your router and pressing connect?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing on Twitter

OK let me re-phrase that
An hour+ into the disconnection, this was the LATEST Service Status Update !!!
ie, there wasn't one.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

My connection has just dropped and apparently re-connected as I read the previous post  Shocked but required a further disconnect and reconnect via the modem interface to start working again.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK let me re-phrase that
An hour+ into the disconnection, this was the LATEST Service Status Update !!!
ie, there wasn't one.

We posted a planned maintenance advising that of the work and there may be disconnections here: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive and http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
netspeed
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

That service status was posted yesterday daytime, not an hour into the disconnection.

@netspeed
The graphing shows that connections started to come back online around 1am, although some will have seen longer outages. Have you tried logging in to your router and pressing connect?

Of course, I tried repeatedly. Just as with the all night outage a couple of weeks ago, connection was not possible again til just after 7am. It required rebooting router too.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like it did happen, eventually

This dip was due to a DNS problem caused by an unexpected problem when we relocated two of our core routers early Tuesday morning.
My latest ( pre-planned) outage happened at 00:20am Thursday morning
Lost my Broadband, as per Service warning, but early, Thursday morning 5th April

Yeah, sorry about that. The notice we had a few days back said 2.00am-6.00am, however this was cancelled and then an emergency notice sent yesterday afternoon that said Midnight-6.00am. Our fault really, we kept to the original timings in the announcement.
Anyways, about 50% of the base will have been briefly disconnected shortly after Midnight. Checking the session graphing, it looks like Faraday was offline around an hour (see attached).
Quote from: thejudge
It's just taken me down for about half an hour. Service Status line has voice message saying that there were "no known outages".

We'll get that raised. There should have been a message.
Quote from: netspeed
This is the second time in about two weeks that I've had broadband cut off completely for about 7 hours overnight ... and I work nights, so serious pain in the rear.

The outage didn't last 7 hours. The problem is that BT Wholesale often send a PADT packet when performing maintenance that instructs your router to stop trying to establish a connection. Once the maintenance is finished you'll sometimes need to log into the router interface and force a connection from there, otherwise you stand to be offline for a long time (a reboot /sometimes/ fixes this too).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anonymous
Not applicable

As always it seems, PlusNet (and other ISPs) are at the mercy of BT.
Krem
Grafter

Quote from: stuartp
Lost ability to do DNS lookups this morning about 0745. Only thing that worked was Skype  Sad
Rebooted router after 20 mins off - still same.
Put Google's Public DNS settings in my router and rebooted again and everything now working  Smiley
Were there/ are there any PN DNS issues this morning?Huh
Stuart

Still getting BT wholesale pop up here as well Stu Sad
had to change to google as well now, I've been having issues like this for weeks now is there any update on when it will clear up?