cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected broadband and disconnected service

notconnected

Disconnected broadband and disconnected service

Got updated to FTTC broadband no problem, one call, date given on the spot. Simples. Openreach turn up, do the job, even arranges for someone to come back and change the old single bare copper wires going to the house (1950s vintage) to get the speed up. Works great for three weeks then two weeks ago the connection drops and I cannot reconnect. Broadband router still synced up but cannot authenticate. Then my problems really start. Log the fault  and go through all sort of tests from a list which seems to ignore the status information I am providing.
Then the fault ticket just disappears. The jolly message that says new faults may take 24 hours should say WILL take 72 hours, cause that what happened here several times. The numerous  phone calls did not seem to do any good, nothing seemed to be any quicker. Finally after ten days it was found that "The supplier" whoever that is, has cancelled my service. The modem is still synced up though. I have to get my service re-provisioned and it will be expedited. Well that's a laugh, that was Thursday and I still do not have a date. I provided some options but the dates that were confirmed back to me include a date I cannot make. I can guess that will be the date offered and then it will be back to square one to get another date - each of these operation taking "24hours" which ends up much longer. I don't know why it takes a house visit - they did not visit to disconnect and the sync light is still on but there is no point in saying this you may as well shout at the moon.
If I could move to another supplier I would, but I am locked into a contract. It's not so much the people on the phone but the system I suspect, which will allow calls to go on hold for a couple of days. Maybe they thought I would go away.
So, I may be back on line at the end of the week - but then I thought that two weeks ago.
To add insult to injury the text acknowledging my first call was quickly followed by one to tell me how much would be taken from my account this month. This happened of course, no problem with the billing system.
Long rant but if someone higher up in Plusnet sees it then who knows what might happen. They will probably have a good laugh and ignore it. Cheers guys
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Disconnected broadband and disconnected service

Hi notconnected,
Really sorry to hear about what's happened. I've just looked at the ticket and it seems we'd be able to get you an engineer in the morning slot of either the Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of this week (24th, 25th, 26th) if any of those would be any good?
If you could let us know as soon as possible we'll get this booked in for you and get it all sorted out.
notconnected

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! This approach obviously gets better results than the normal ticket system. I have absolutely faith in posting there so will reply here as well. Wednesday would be fine. Friday would be ok as well although you can understand my frustration in having too wait that long. Thursday is no good.
Hope you can book this in and get me back on line.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just spoken with a member of our provisioning team to see if they can pick this up. You should have a response from them at some point later today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team