Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Direct debit

Hi,
Can you check my  direct debit account
For April & May..£10.74  which is correct
June....£9.99
July £11.49
I am assuming the overpayment in July was to cover the underpayment in June but I would be interested to know how it occurred !
Thanks
We are born into history and history is born into us.
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

Re: Direct debit

Are you perchance on BBYW Option 1?
If so, its possible that the standard charge is £9.99, and then you've been charged 75p per GB for going over the included limit.
So, 1GB extra in April/May
No extra in June
2GB extra in July
What does it say on your invoices - they should explain the charges line-by-line.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

I am still not clear on this' even after looking at my account summary. I Should pay £9.99 a month + (74p)for an agreed 1GB extra, so my monthly payment is £10.74, indeed this is what it was for several months, so the question I am now asking is where do you get £11.49 from ?
I would ask you again to look at my account and advise me why my monthly payment is not consistent.
I Have checked my usage charts for these periods and have not exceeded my Maximum 2Gb.
I would also repeat that the extra 1GB is prearranged so I have not exceeded my limit
James
Grafter

Heya,
James doesn't work for PlusNet so he wouldn't have that information to hand Smiley
The £11.49 is for BBYW1 plus 2GB additional usage.
This is compared to the usual £10.74 which is BBYW1 plus 1GB additional usage.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Sorry but I still do not get it, my account has not changed in any way unless of course Plusnet have changed it ! (or changed their charges)
If its £9.99 a month plus 75 pence for 1 extra GB then that comes to £10.74 a month. I Still do not understand why the sum changes each month ?
I am on option 1.
I am not suggesting for one minute that I am being overcharged as it does even out but cannot understand why the monthly charge differs each month ! Put another way why do you not charge me £10.74 a month every month and keep things simple.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
From what I would have imagined, the only reason why this would have happened, is that you might have decided to add an extra GB for one month, giving you 3GB and then gone back to 2GB the month afterwards.
itbookworm
Grafter

The same thing happened to us. We noticed it 'as it happened' so are fairly sure what the reason was in our case.
The month end run on the 29th June didn't seem to work correctly. The usage limit didn't get reset and the billing bit didn't charge for the expected extra GB so, as happened with you, we only got billed £9.99 instead of the expected £10.74. When the usage did get correctly reset I assume the direct debit bit had already gone to the bank and that wasn't 'corrected'. The system knew that we should have a 2GB limit and happily let us use it in July without billing us an extra £1. The month end bill in July charged us the missing 75p for June as well as the 75p for July and was therefore £11.49. I am expecting the bill generated today to go back to the usual £10.74.
If you go on to the payments bit on the portal there is a bit where you can view the items on each invoice and that seems to support the above. I can't remember where it is at the moment but if you can't find it I will have a look for the correct link  Smiley
Hope that lot makes sense.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Jameseh,
I Have a prearranged 1Gb extra for my monthly usage (Total 2Gb Maximum) I Have never exceeded or asked for an extra GB to take it up to 3Gb !
Itbookworm.. thanks for your comments, good to know someone else has picked up on this issue.
I Would again ask for Plusnet to look at my account and clearly explain (no guesses or theories) as to why the monthly payment varies.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I'm fairly sure that I know the reason.
If you look at your invoice for May 30th, you'll see that you were only billed for £9.99.  Obviously you're normally billed £10.74, just like you are being this month.  The £11.49 is merely balancing everything out.
I'm afraid I don't know the exact reason for the discrepancy, but it doesn't look like we've been overbilling you, just balancing out the additional usage charge that wasn't charged in May.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@ gleneagles
Have you looked at this page on your account details in the member centre? This is probably the one that itbookworm was referring to earlier in the thread.
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
You will need to login using your username and password.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The only problem the OP might have is if he has his e-mail notification turned off and dosnt find out until he gets a bank statement, as all charges are well documented, both on the link above and on the e-mail before it gets taken out of the bank