Direct Debit Problems

waldron
Grafter

Re: Direct Debit Problems

Quote from: Spider
Quote from: waldron
Note the word 'immediate'.

But only if done by the bank.

The point I was trying to make was that even if the Originator makes the mistake, the Bank will still make the refund.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Claiming from the originator does not prevent one from also claiming from the bank.
Banks will try to send you to the originator instead of paying out immediately - but you don't have to accept this.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

baldrick
Grafter

I have now received confirmation that the process does indeed take a couple of weeks and have received an apology for not being advised earlier - right again James!
I am also advised that this was a 'one off error that should not happen again'. If this is incorrect no doubt future postings will identify whether there is a wider problem.
I understand the Direct Debit guarantee procedure but am reluctant to go down that route as I fear that this could cause further problems. I imagine the situation where my broadband connection is switched off through non payment of a DD that Plusnet agreed should not of been charged. Probably an overly pessimistic thought but I don't want to chance it. Anyway this has gone on for so long I might as well sit it out now that I am reasonably confident that the problem is nothing more than the lumbering accounting processes in Plusnet.
baldrick
Grafter

If any-one is interested the money was returned within the quoted 2 weeks.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear the refund has now been received.
Apologies for the inconvenience.