Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between old Premier 1 option and new Option 3

lollerskates
Dabbler

Difference between old Premier 1 option and new Option 3

Hi there
I've been with plusnet for quite a few years now. I've just popped on to view the current broadband options cos my mum is wanting broadband. Anyway, long story short, I've noticed the options are changed. I'm currently on the Premier Option 1 which allows me 20GB and is £21.99/month. The new option (Option 3) is £19.99 and it's 20GB as well.
I'm wondering what the difference is between these 2 options ie what am I paying and extra £2 a month for?
Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
lollerskates
Dabbler

Re: Difference between old Premier 1 option and new Option 3

oooh thanks!
James
Grafter

Hi Lollerskates (Your username amuses me!)
I've been having a look at your usage over the last 3 months and I think that you could actually be a candidate for BBYW Option 2, which carries 8GB peak time usage between 8am and midnight.  You would also be entitled to a BT Voyager 2091, which is a one port wireless router.  It would be free if you stayed with us for a year, or £29.99 if you were to leave within this time.
suzyb
Grafter

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I've also been wondering if I should switch in the past few days.
I've been wondering if I should switch to BBYW Option 3 or BBYW Pro.  I'm not an avid online gamer but enjoy playing Command and Conquer 3 online.  I've been told however that C&C that uses a peer to peer system and I'm concerned that because of this Pro would not give me any benefit and may even prove a bad choice because of the lower usage allowed.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

P2P is in gold on Pro so if the game is being detected by PN as using P2P as opposed to it being game traffic then you will get a better response on Pro than other BBYW products. This is  because P2P is in gold during peak time on Pro but silver and more restricted on the other BBYW products.
You also have to look at the reduction in peak time allowance and the higher cost per extra GB on Pro is worth it.
bluewhale
Rising Star

Hi James,
Don't suppose you could have a look at my usage and see if i can get on a cheaper rate.
the only thing i'd be worried about is that i use vpn to work at home every now and then.
cheers
pete
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You could easily move to Option 2, at £14.99 per month, and still have a little headroom on your current usage. It's also fine for VPN access.
suzyb
Grafter

Another quick question.
I know if you leave Plusnet within a year after taking up their free router offer you need to pay full price for it but what if you decide to regrade your account.  For example if I switch to Pro then if I find its not right for me decide to regrade to option 3.
bertie123
Dabbler

If you change to the broadband pro package then decide that this is not for you and then change back to option 3 then the router would still be on a deferred contract.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To expand on the previous, if you have a wireless router and downgrade to another account the deferred contract stays - unless you downgrade to the option 1 (which does not offer the wireless hardware) in which case you will need to pay for the hardware. As long as you downgrade to an account type that offers the router on a deferred contract you do not have to pay this off.
Hope that helps,
suzyb
Grafter

Yep that helps but just one more question (I know I'm a pest).
When I choose to upgrade my account do I need to specifically ask for the router to be sent out.