cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Printer C1765nfw Not showing Wireless SID

Bootsy62

Dell Printer C1765nfw Not showing Wireless SID

Hi, I was after any help with trying to get my new dell C1765nfw LED printer to connect wirelessly to my Technicolor router.
The WPS button hasn't worked and even entering the wireless details manually has refused to work.
It complains about the SSID which I have checked several times. Wonder why it's not listed in the list of available access points. I'm pretty sure it's broad casted.
It's interesting that my cheapo HP multi purpose printer connects easily, it's on the floor above, whereas I've even tried placing the Dell printer practically on top of the router. But still no joy. My colleague at work who has the same printer has no problems with his Talk Talk huawei router.
My options are to get either a very long ethernet or usb cable. 
2 REPLIES 2
davidg52
Grafter

Re: Dell Printer C1765nfw Not showing Wireless SID

Hi,
I have one of these printers and initially I didn't have any problems setting it up wirelessly using the provided setup disc. I use a netgear router so I can't help you with the technicolour router. I actually use powerline adapters with mine which work a treat.  Smiley
Dave
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Dell Printer C1765nfw Not showing Wireless SID

What wireless channel are you using? I have a Dell c1760nw and it obeys the US rules - channels 12 and 13 are locked out (it appears). Switching to a lower channel allowed WPS to work first attempt.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.