cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting folders / files that won’t delete.

newcimal

Deleting folders / files that won’t delete.

I’ve uploaded some web files to my htdocs, they were contained within a folder labelled ‘photostore’ and within this directory I had other folders one labelled ‘Admin’.
My problem is that I cannot delete neither of these folders from my htdocs folder. I do not require these folders or files contained within any longer so I went about removing them. All files and folders has been deleted but the two folders ‘photostore’ + ‘Admin’ would not allow me to remove or delete them – Why?
I’m getting an error message “(x) An error occurred deleting the file or folder, Make sure you have permission to access this folder. 550 Admin directory not empty”.
I’ve set permissions to 777 for both folders and still no Joy. So Annoying.
Can anyone help or can Tech Support please remove these for me.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Spider
Grafter

Re: Deleting folders / files that won’t delete.

I had a similar problem the other day and found it was due to the hidden .htaccess file in the folders concern. Not all FTP programs it seems allow you to see the hidden server files.
newcimal

Spider - I know exactly where you’re coming from, there must be files there which I cannot view and of course these folders will not bin until these files or file is removed.
Anyone with any suggestions how I can view these hidden files? – I’ve tried using Dreamweaver and ftp my htdocs from IE but without any luck.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

just checked - using FireFTP
Tools Options Show Hidden Files
Spider
Grafter

I am using an old version of Dreamweaver and that does not show the files so used FileZilla instead. Like  FireFTP you have to set the options to allow the viewing of the hidden files.
newcimal

Thanks Guys
Just downloaded and installed FileZilla – Problem SOLVED!
Flaming hidden files – Ahhh!
Again Thanks for all ure help.
Regards
Newcimal