cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in activating broadband

gahilton1

Delay in activating broadband

Hi everyone,
Just wanted some advice. I recently ordered broadband. An engineer installed a phone line on May 6th without any apparent issues. Plusnet then advised that my broadband would be activated by midnight on the 14th, which never happened. I rang Plusnet the day after and they said they'd look into it. The following day they rang and said an engineer sould activate it that day, and the delay was due to staff shortages. Again it never happened.
I rang them again 2 days ago to tell them. This morning I got a voicemail saying an engineer was on site as she spoke and my broadband will be activated by midnight.
So I know I'm a few hours off midnight but I'm pretty sure it won't activate and I'll have to ring again tomorrow... does anyone have any experience in this who could speculate on the issue? Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Re: Delay in activating broadband

This sounds like one or two things:
1. Failed Plus.net systems (where something has been updated - some sort of delay or failure - by BT but not noticed by Plus.net)
2. Openreach or BTw failing to follow through on promises and providing inaccurate information to PN.
Only PN will be able to tell you for sure what's happening but it'll almost certainly come down to Openreach or BTw
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Delay in activating broadband

Hi gahilton1,
I've just checked and can see some additional engineering work needed to activate the connection was completed yesterday and we're just waiting for the order to complete.
I've activated the account for you so you should hopefully be able to connect in the meantime. Sorry about the delay all the same!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team