Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decreasing Speed.

Nighto
Dabbler

Re: Decreasing Speed.

Hi JoJo
I just put the connection in the test socket this morning after the profile had dropped.  I anticipated that this is what you would require.
Cheers.
Nighto
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Nighto,
The difficult thing for us is that if the problem doesn't manifest itself in the test socket then we can only assume it's something internal. If we start to see problems while in the test socket then we can start to investigate.
Jojo Smiley
Nighto
Dabbler

Sorry. JoJo, I don't think I quite get what you mean.  Are saying I should keep the connection in the test socket all the time?  I usually do.  However, as the BT chap replaced the socket and left the router and phone connected to it I left it as it was.
Or, should I have left it as it was and not connected the router and phone to a filter and then to the test socket?
Do you have an answer to my question:  Does PlusNet have its own equipment at the exchange or are you using my ex-ISP's (TalkTalk) equipment?
You see, JoJo, I have now, over the past fourteen months or so, had my line checked five times.  The last two on request from PlusNet.  I have had my home checked on at least three occassions.  My own equipment has been checked by a Dell engineer (I have a Dell PC).  The PC's hard drive was wiped, reformatted and software reinstalled.  The router I am using is one supplied by PlusNet.  My WiFi printer has been swithed off at the mains and is switched on only when I need it.  The router is about 0.5 metre, if that, away from the socket.  I have bought two new phone sets.
Using the above information I deduce that if the problem is not witth my equipment or the actual line and it is not a PlusNet problem, it must lie within the equipment a the exchange.
I can't think of any other reason for the drops in the profile.  I am not an expert, JoJo, and I do not know what to say any more.         

I hope this helps you a bit.
Nighto  Smiley

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Nighto,
Firstly, sorry, no you won't be connected to Talktalk equipment. I can see that you've put a lot of effort trying to resolve this and I certainly don't want you to think we would wash our hands of your issue. If it was an exchange problem then we would escalate that in order to get it fixed. The thing about the test socket is that if you have problems while you are in the test socket we can then say for certain that it's nothing internal causing, as using the test socket bypasses any of that. If you could leave it in the test socket to see if it reoccurs and if it does we can then we can get the ball rolling towards a resolution.
Jojo Smiley
Nighto
Dabbler

Thanks JoJo
First of all please don't think I'm having a go at you, I think you're fantastic  ;).  I can only say that I have had brilliant service from PlusNet :).  After the way I was treated by TalkTalk  Angry this is great.
I tested my speed when I got home from work and it was about 700Kbps  :).  So, it has gone up from  the 145Kbps this morning.
Anyway, JoJo, I'll leave it in your more than capable hands.
Thanks!!
Nighto
SpencerUk
Grafter

Hi Nighto
I'm sorry to see that your access speeds are getting lower. I did have a hunch after the first engineer visit this issue wasn't going to be resolved that easily.
As discussed in my phone call with you this evening, I have taken personal ownership on this issue until we can get a workable resolution between you, myself and our suppliers (BT). I have updated your faults ticket (43490530) with what actions I am going to be taking next on this issue.
If you need to get in touch with me for whatever reason, just respond back to the ticket on your account and I'll follow it up, just bare in mind however I'm not in tomorrow so it will be Thursday when I will pick this up again. Once again, sorry for the issues you are having with the service.

Nighto
Dabbler

Dear Spencer, JoJo and the rest of the team.
You really do not have to apologise, although I know it is customary to do so.  It is not your fault and it should be me that is apologising to you guys for all the bother that I am putting you through.
I am really grateful for all your efforts to sort out my broadband problems, which may I add, you may have inherited from my last ISP.  This was not intentional as I said on the phone last night.  I did discuss the problems I had with PlusNet before I signed up.  I hope you don't think I deliberately passed on the problem to you.
As for the engineer's appointment, next Tuesday is fine as my wife is off work that day.  However, it would be even better if the appointment could be after 13.45 (but it is not essential).  I am not usually home home before 16.00.
Once again, thanks a million!  Smiley
Kindest regards
Nighto
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Nighto,
No matter what, we'll be happy to get this sorted for you and I'm glad that Spencer has taken ownership of this, he's fantastic at what he does.
Jojo Smiley