Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decreased fiber speed - new customer

alephant
Grafter

Decreased fiber speed - new customer

Hi,
my fiber line has been activated on 8 April. As soon as the Openreach engineer connected everything, the first speedtest was amazing, over 70Mbps and top UL speed too.
Last Saturday I had to disconnect and reconnect the modem and router a couple of times in order to do some works at home. After that, the DL speed is nearly half as before, usually ~42Mbps. UL speed is still excellent, 16-17 Mbps.
I have tried to disconnect and reconnect the Internet connection from the router admin panel, no improvement I have connected the Win7 PC directly to the modem but still I could only get 50Mbps.
Maybe the disconnections done during the first 10 days have affected my profile?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Decreased fiber speed - new customer

run the BT speed rest then the further diagnostic option http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ that should give the IP profile
alephant
Grafter

IP Profile for your line is - 45.49 Mbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I've checked over your connection and can see no issues and you've done the normal checks that we'd ask.
I'd suggest running through our faults checker at http://faults.plus.net and we'll look further into this.
Let me know if you've got any questions or are unsure on anything.
alephant
Grafter

Hi Chris,
I have raised #68405708.
Thanks and regards.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great....I can see we've picked your ticket up. We'll update you when we've tested your line.
alephant
Grafter

As per the ticket, your response is due tomorrow morning so I wait, but I would just like to report that this morning I noticed a further download performance degradation in terms of IP profile (checked on BT Wholesale) and obviously download speed.
alephant
Grafter

My IP Profile is getting lower day after day, now below 40Mbps, and all I have received with the ticket is a bunch of automated responses...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
An engineer task has been automatically raised after the testing, this doesn't require access to your property and we're now just waiting for an update.
As soon as we have further information we'll update you.
Chris