cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declining connection speeds

dc8
Grafter

Declining connection speeds

Over the last couple of weeks my connection has dropped down to where I can only get 120 KB/s instead of the 300+ KB/s that I was getting previously.

I also noticed on my router connection details that I am connected as adsl2_plus - now, this strange, as there is no adsl2_plus at the exchange where I connect !!

Could one of the tech guys reset the exchange so that I can at least get some sort of download here as 120 is, quite honestly, pathetic and nearly unusable on most site.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
eva52

Re: Declining connection speeds

Yes I agree. I have been with plus net for 4 years and this year the service seems to have steadily declined. I have had numerous issues which have taken ages to resolve. Now my speeds have dropped very noticeably. I also had my mobile on a plus net sim card, but luckily only month by month deal so I have changed to an alternative provider. Such a shame but once my current contract is up I shall opt out. BTW, the increase of one pound on monthly charge has come as a surprise. I cannot find notification of this at all.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @dc8,

I'm sorry to hear that your connection speed has dropped. I've tested your line and the test isn't picking up any network faults but is showing that your line is banded. I've arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. The reset normally takes 4 hours to complete. After 4 hours your router will need to be powered off for 10 seconds and then turned back on. When it reconnects we'd expect the speed to be normal again, but it can take 24 hours before everything fully updates.

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with your speed after this reset has gone through.

Hi @eva52, I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing poor speeds. I've tested your line however the test isn't picking up any issues and it's indicating that your line is currently syncing at the full 40mbps down and 10mbps up. Is this issue solely occurring on wireless connections or is it affecting wired connections too?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
eva52

It is wireless. Speed varies considerably but over the past 2 or 3 weeks it has been very poor.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi eva52, as we're not seeing any issues with the connection I'd definitely try following the advice shown here: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team