cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer speeds

ddsabre2011
Grafter

Data transfer speeds

Just thought I would poll wether in general people understood data speed info.
10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Data transfer speeds

I voted yes but not sure you'll get an accurate idea as I would have thought the majority of people who visit this forum are keyed up on such things Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

I've voted yes, because I do, but if I didn't theres this weird thing called the internet, where, if you need to, you can look it up. Wink
John
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Thank you for taking the time to vote folks. Yes you are correct in so far as you could google it up but I was interested to  find out what the general public consensus was. Hopefully more people will vote.
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Please people, If you've taken the time to read this poll could you please choose one of the options. Thank you in advance.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I voted yes.  But I don't think the general public has much idea what speed they actually need (to stream HD video for example) so it is of no consequence to them what units are used. 
ddsabre2011
Grafter

I agree that is until they believe that if they are managing download speeds at say 64Mb/s and the info from pc tells them they are actually getting 8MB/s which is correct then they complain. Ignorance is bliss , kind of.
jim:quote
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Being well past "retirement age", I was taught by a teacher and not supervised (as today - where marking answers as "incorrect" is frowned upon as it reduces "self-esteem"). I rest my case!
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
picbits
Rising Star

I voted yes but I always get the two mixed up.
The majority of my customers would get totally confused if both terminologies were used in everyday life.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A poll in a similar vain on the difference between synch speed and data speed would be equally interesting!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

Well i think the whole TM system on here is cracking.
Example
Downloading USENET 8.5MB/sec. Stream Netflix in HD USENET drops to about 7MB/sec. At any time when Netflix has buffered itself ahead of the stream USENET will go back to full speed. and that's the cycle.
Best system I have ever experienced. I know this is not relevant to this thread but I didn't want to start a new one.