cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer speed page shows old exchange/number, Speed S...L...O...W...

SaraSmiles
Dabbler

Data transfer speed page shows old exchange/number, Speed S...L...O...W...

I moved house and took the Plusnet account with me. Trouble is, the data transfer speed page (https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed) still shows my old exchange and old phone number. The new line is capable of far higher speeds (17MB/s versus about 3.3MB/s) and the router is synced at the higher speed, but I am being limited to the old data download rate. I typically get 2.2MB/s when I should be enjoying around 16MB/s+.
I've done the TAP3 tests which easily achieved the higer rate.
Why is Plusnet limiting me to the old rate?
And why, I wonder, did Plusnet Customer Services tell me that the old phone number will not be updated until the new line is "up and running" (which it is, though s..l..o..w..l..y..) but the old exchange/number/datarate etc are still shown?
Worse, why was I told that "they have to be careful to start with so that they do not damage the line"? What will happen? Will it glow red if they actually give me the speed that I should have?
I logged a fault through the usual channels 4 days ago, but it does not seem to be attracting any attempts to fix it 😞
Of course I have tried calling Plusnet Customer Services again, but the 30 minute wait to speak to someone every time is dispiriting.
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Data transfer speed page shows old exchange/number, Speed S...L...O...W...

Hi SaraSmiles,
As far as I can see, your Plusnet Profile has been updated already to match your current sync rate. If you could log into your router and hit the 'Disconnect' button and 'Connect' button that should push through the changes that were made.
If that doesn't do the trick, please let me know and I'll take a further look for you.
SaraSmiles
Dabbler

Chris
Thank you for leaping onto this so quickly.
I am delighted to say that I am now getting 17MB/s download speed.
Oddly enough, the Plusnet data transfer speed page now shows my new exhange and phone number, although the old one was shown just 15 minutes ago.
I think that the Broadband Fairy has paid a magical visit...  Cheesy
S.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

SaraSmiles,
No problem at all, it sometimes takes a short time to for everything to update on your Member Centre pages, but at least you're flying now Cheesy