Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Type Noise

RTNI
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Data Type Noise

Yes on all occasions they use the plug (which has 3 lights confirming that the earth is present) and most of the time it comes back as a fail on the loop resistance test (and the kit says that it could be an issue with the test head in the exchange).  We are in the country side so the earth is just a stake in the ground (or a dedicated earth wire back to neutral overhead line) - not an issue to do with the broadband.  Should add that we have been here for a length of time and all has been fine up until now.
The last engineer who called said that on his way to another job it came up as a dis in the exchange, so he went down to the exhange and re-jumpered as much as he could (being a BT faultsman/jointer) but nothing changed.
I've told every engineer that there was cable damage about a mile away that has been temporarily repaired before the whole cable is put underground.  Everything I have read about this noise being present only when the router is connected points towards a high resistance joint which could be at this location.  But if this is not coming up on the PQT then it might not be an issue.
I updated the youtube video in the description with the times in the videos that the sound is heard - if you found your headphones could you have a listen?
Thanks,
Robin.
RTNI
Rising Star

Still no update from PN after engineer visit on Friday.  Can anyone from the PN staff look at ticket 84321272 and provide me with an update?
This is starting to get a bit long in the tooth now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm just looking into this now for you.
RTNI
Rising Star

thank you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've got you a further engineer booked in for Friday afternoon as you've requested. I'll update your ticket to reflect this.
RTNI
Rising Star

Thanks Chris.