cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer Watch

andyrpsmith
Dabbler

Data Transfer Watch

My billing date is tomorrow and I have paid for up to 30GB on Plusnet Pro. As I am sitting at 28.5 usage I have activated data transfer watch to limit cost to £30.00, as in previous months plusnet add 2GB for £2 at the last minute which I cannot use or take over to next month. Now my account has gone mad and I cannot access usage, tools or anything else. A message comes up about payment in November 1999?
All I want is to keep within 30GB and £30 until tomorrow.
Is it normal for Plusnet account to go like this?
Thanks
Andy
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Data Transfer Watch

Same problem as here? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,83177.0.html regarding 1999.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
andyrpsmith
Dabbler

Oh dear.
Would I be unreasonable in saying that I don't think Plusnet should be able to charge me £2 for 2GB at the very end of the billing period which I cannot use and not let it carry over -  and be able to completely block the internet when the datawatch limit is reached?
When I was on Prem option 1 when 20GB was used the speed just reduced.
Thanks
Andy
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've raised this as a problem internally (60504).
@andyrpsmith, please remove DTW as this will fix the issue, I'll arrange a £2 credit if necessary.
andyrpsmith
Dabbler

Hello Mand,
Thanks for looking at this.
What I am trying to do is to reach the end of my current billing without a last minute extra 2GB being added which happened last month. So I capped it at £30.00 with according to the usage meter 28.5GB used of a paid for allowance of 30GB Which (if I tell the two boys not to use the internet) should last through tomorrow. But I cannot get into my plusnet account to see what is going on as it looks blocked.
If we use the transfer watch to set a limit can the speed be reduced to a low level so you can only stumble along rather than a cut off? or even better allow upto 2GB of unused paid for usage to carry over?
Kind Regards
Andy
Mand
Grafter

Unfortunately we can't currently just restrict you to a slower speed.
I've removed DTW so you can get into the portal etc, and if you're charged the extra £2 I'll credit that back.
andyrpsmith
Dabbler

Thanks Mand,
May be I should try the 80GB package and see how the shaping effects the experience. We only download the occasional game patch. This month was Call of Duty World at war at about 2.5GB in two files. Could you transfer me?
Andy
Mand
Grafter

Yep, I can change this no problem, can you raise a ticket please to request it (just for accountability ;))?
andyrpsmith
Dabbler

Mand, thank you. I have raised a change request via my account.
Kind Regards
Andy