cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer Watch

firkin
Grafter

Data Transfer Watch

I've just changed (28.02.09)  from BBYW Option2 @ £11.99 per month to the new 'Value'  . I tried to alter my amount I want  to spend on my broadband usage per month. I click cancel, fill in the appropriate £5.99 and find it doesn't work.
I get the following error message:
We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.
Please try again in a few minutes.

I've been getting this message since the 28 of Feb... Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Data Transfer Watch

You are aware that if you set a data watch and you reach that value, all your internet traffic gets blocked until either the end of the billing period, or you buy extra bandwidth.  It's a bit draconian and not like BBYW where you just slowed down to 128K for  the rest of the month.
James
Grafter

Hi John,
That's a known issue - apologies.
Because Value has been built as an £11.99 product, which discounts being applied depending on which Market you are on, the DTW thinks that you're paying £11.99.  As you can set DTW cheaper than what you're paying, the system throws a wobbly.
I'll try and see if we can get an update on this later on today.
firkin
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
I'll try and see if we can get an update on this later on today.

Thank you James, I appreciate all your help with the change over from BBYW to the new 'value' product.
Quote from: cjags
You are aware that if you set a data watch and you reach that value, all your internet traffic gets blocked until either the end of the billing period, or you buy extra bandwidth.

Yes, thank you, I was aware of that cjags. It's doubtful that I'll ever reach the 10GB allowance so I have no worries with that aspect of the product.