cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily disconnection. Every. Single. Day.

silkysean
Grafter

Daily disconnection. Every. Single. Day.

Every day now for at least the past 2 weeks my broadband has disconnected for a couple of minutes. It only seems to do it once a day, at random times. I have a One Hub. The light turns orange and flashes for a bit, then it goes steady before turning blue again. Now, is it my hub or PlusNet? I've never had an issue with the service for the last 5 years (except recently with the server ping/latency issues) I did a factory reset last night, but 5 minutes ago the router disconnected again. Sooo, options please?

8 REPLIES 8
David3

Re: Daily disconnection. Every. Single. Day.

Hi silkysean
I had something similar a while back,called Plusnet,they,raised a ticket,arranged a  BT Openreach engineer to visit,(first one didn't find do much in the way of fault finding to be honest)
Second Openreach engineer spend a good 3hrs here testing everything,to discover some broken aluminum wires in the inspection junction box thing!!!
Call Plusnet tech team they will raise a ticket,test your line etc.Might take a bit of time,but stick with it,I got great service from the Plusnet team,also log the times of disconnection too
No expert here,you understand,but my experience might help a bit, and good luck

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @silkysean

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband. I'm testing your broadband,

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 5.5 20.5
SNR Margin: 6.5 3.3
Errored Seconds: 0 455
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 3656576 96152653
Speed: 1075 21015

There are a considerable amount of errored seconds, so I've reset your line to increase the signal to noise ratio to 6db in an effort to stabilise the line and reduce those errors.

It seems to have done the trick:

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
20.5 6.1 7 N/A 6191725 19340

If you do continue to experience further issues I'd probably recommend connecting your router into your test socket, as explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 if you haven't tried this already.

Failing that, best to raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

I hope this helps.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
silkysean
Grafter

Hmm. Could you look again please? It is still doing it. I have a feeling you've increased the SNR margin and have reduced by BB top speed to no avail. Think I'd like it put back to 3

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Certainly, though I'm on annual leave at the moment.

If your thread isn't picked up by any of my colleagues this week I'll look into things on my return.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

silkysean wrote: (snipped) my broadband has disconnected ....  It only seems to do it once a day, at random times. I have a One Hub.

This could be totally unrelated, but are any of your devices backing up data to the cloud or are you uploading during the time this drop occurs?

If so, there's an issue with sending an unknown amount of data to the cloud/www and is causing the Hub One to drop the connection.

(if not, then please ignore this post;))

silkysean
Grafter

Nope, no uploads just iplayer and online gaming. It's dropped on me four times in the space of 3 hours now Sad

silkysean
Grafter

I'm going to have to go down the fault finding route, i'm getting disconnected constantly now. Every hour or so

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The SNR target has dropped again:

Downstream Link Info

Loop Loss SNR Margin Errored Seconds Hec Errors Cell Count Speed
20.5 2.8 1 N/A 6360 20509

Likely causing these disconnections:

I've raised it again and I've placed a modify order custom stability settings, which will help prevent the DLM from dropping it down again.