cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL won't connect for 3 days now

Brians

DSL won't connect for 3 days now

Hi
After the internet speed problems of last week I powered down my router on Friday night only to wake up Saturday morning for there to be no connection at all.
So that was Saturday morning, it is now  nearly 3 days later and I still have no connection. The DSL light flickers but it won't connect. Plusnet have checked the lines and not found any issues and they are supposedly continuing to look  but they seem puzzled.
Any ideas on here please?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: DSL won't connect for 3 days now

how is your router connected? is it on the master socket or an extension?
if extension, have you tried it in the master socket and the test socket?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Brians,
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the broadband service. I have reviewed the account and can see the faults ticket you have raised is still in progress with further testing so we should have some information back on this for you soon.
In the meantime, I've run through a few quick checks on the line and there hasn't been anything worrying flagged in the results. Given this, if you could answer a couple of questions, we may be able to help you with the faults diagnostics and speed up the fault ticket for you a little.
1) Which router are you using, is this a Plusnet provided router or your own?
2) Do you have another router you could test with, possibly one borrowed from a friend?
3) Have you had any noise on your phone line? (try the noisy line test by calling 17070 option 2)
4) Are you able to access the router logs and post the details here?
Hopefully the answers to these questions should help us determine if this fault sits with the router/internal wiring or if this is something on the BT network which we need to push for them to rectify for you.
Brians

Hi Adam
We are still without any connection at all.
In response to your questions,
1. We had a BT Voyager and I have now also tried a BT Homehub. Neither worked.
2. See above.
3. No noise. The noisy line test did not show any issues.
4. Will look in to this. Not sure how to access the router logs but may be able to work it out!
DanHodby
Grafter

Hmm strange one.
Your line is in sync and I cant see any issues. However, it looks like the username currently set in your router is not quite right. If you want to log into the router and make sure the username is followed by @freeonline.net
Let me know if this makes any difference.
Brians

Hi Dan & Adam,  Thanks for your replies.  I'll try the username fix when I get home tonight.  Meanwhile here is the router log from last night.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

that's not a router log
Brians

Hi Dan & Adam,  Changing to a new router and correcting the username appears to have solved the problem.  We are now connected OK.  Thanks for your help and advice.