cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL light is on, but no Internet connection

mikamola

DSL light is on, but no Internet connection

Hi
I have had no internet connection since last Wednesday night when I raised an issue via your Broadband troubleshoot tool (#47361719).  Essentially, my router seems to sync ok, but then the 'internet' light never comes on and so I have no usable connection at all.  I have tried two different routers with the same results ...
Since then I have rang up a couple of times, but progress in resolving this seems to be very slow.  The only contact I have had came on Saturday when I got a text to say that there potentially was a fault on the suppliers network and that it would need to be escalated ...
I just wanted to know whether this has happened and how long I should expect to wait before hearing back from yourselves on this matter?
Cheers
Mike
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: DSL light is on, but no Internet connection

Hi there,
The fault has been raised to our supplier and is currently in hand, though I suspect an engineer visit will be requested shortly - our faults team will be in touch when we have confirmation to arrange a suitable date and time.
mikamola

Hi Matt
thanks for the prompt reply ... hopefully I will be hearing from the faults team soon Smiley
cheers
Mike
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked your account and can see that this seems to have been resolved. Let us know if you have any more issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikamola

Aaargh! The exact same thing has happened again!!
Barely a week after the ticket #47361719 has been resolved, the exact same problem has re-occurred it seems ...
I have re-done all the same tests as last time; multiple routers, filters, everything unplugged and back in again etc ...
I have also tested with the bt_test accounts but just cannot connect to the internet at all.  My DSL light is solid and I can see that I have a good connection speed approx 5000kb down / 448kb up so I'm thinking its the exact same authentication issue as last week?Huh
The above ticket appears to have been closed on your system so what can I do? Is there a way to re-open it or do I have to raise a new one???
I'm just concerned that if I raise a new one, it goes into 'testing' again for 72 hours before you contact BT to sort it out at the exchange ... then another few days waiting for them to perform their actions and bang goes another week without the internet!!
Please can you look at re-raising this with BT in the first instance?  I would classify this as a failure to resolve the previous problem rather than a new one as I would expect any solution to last for more than approx 6 days!!
Thanks in advance
Mike
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If a fault is reraised within a fortnight I believe it's classed as a repeat and reraised straight away anyway. I'll get onto that for you now.
mikamola

Ok, thanks for looking at this Matt
Was concerned that I can't seem to access the closed ticket anywhere to be able to advise that the problem had re-occurred!
Cheers
Mike