Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL connection problems / very slow broadband

GCotterill
Dabbler

DSL connection problems / very slow broadband

Hello

I have been having problems since yesterday with the DSL link going down on my router. When the connection is restored the broadband speed is very slow - down to 10 kbps. Could you check the line to see if there is a fault in the BT network.

Thanks

Geoff

4 REPLIES 4
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: DSL connection problems / very slow broadband

Hi @GCotterill

Sorry to hear this.

I've tested the line today but unable to find a fault that would be causing these issues. Could you please follow our trouble shooting guide so that we can try and rule out the cause being something internal? If the problem persists please raise a fault here with us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
GCotterill
Dabbler

Hello Katie

Thanks for looking into this problem. Since you checked it the speed has improved significantly.

Thanks

Geoff

GCotterill
Dabbler

Hi Katie

The connection has gone back to dropping out and running at  low  speeds in between. It did improve significantly last night after you checked the line but the problem has returned. I understand the systems are under a lot of pressure but I could do with a more stable connection to work from home. I don't expect the maximum download speed but if it  could be above 500Kbps I could manage through this period.

Thanks

Geoff

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @GCotterill,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with your connection. Testing your line is showing that your line is currently banded to a maximum of 288k but hasn't picked up any other issues. As this is the case, I have reset the line to try and resolve this problem. Please allow 24 hours for this to take effect and let us know if the issue persists.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team