Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Provision Completed no DSL Lights

derkane
Dabbler

DSL Provision Completed no DSL Lights

Good Morning,
This morning I logged in to see the status of my DSL Provision (due for after 12:00 today).
I noticed it all has green ticks so plugged in the Plusnet Router, after waiting 10 minutes it was still not connected. So I plugged in the Netgear DGN2000 I wanted to use, at setup the Netgear states "no DSL is detected".
I previously worked for BT so I followed standard procedure, plugged the modem into the test socket and changed microfilter, still no connection.
I am now concerned that the DSLAM I am connected to has a fault on this port or the provision has not been completed with Plusnet, do I need to log a new fault call yet?
Cheers,
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: DSL Provision Completed no DSL Lights

Welcome to the Forum,
Thats normal with a new supply, Hopefully one of the staff can flick the switch soon, two on line at the moment
derkane
Dabbler

Cheers for the fast response, I am not used to the Plusnet way, I've always been with BT so used to the DSLAM's being connected to the RAD Server on provision.
I will give them a bell to see if they can help.
derkane
Dabbler

Plot thickens, spoke to support it appears to be complete, now moving to tech support....
derkane
Dabbler

Tech Support have said I've no realm attached to the router, I have a warm and fluffy feeling about this lol, fingers crossed for DSL today as I've had to survive 8 weeks without it lol.
derkane
Dabbler

Excellent start to Plusnet, I have a Early Life Failure lol, always too good to be true.
Now I have to wait a further 72 hours until it gets progressed, I've already had to wait a month for the install (that didn't happen) to occur and now a failed DSL start.